Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flaming Pear Plugins?

I was curious as to which Flaming Pear plugins people use. I have SuperBlade Pro, but am looking for feedback on what to get next! :-)

Default Re: Flaming Pear Plugins?

One of my favorites is flood but you have to like water. Outside of that I bought the two alien skin packages from xara which, while very heavy for this old machine, I enjoy
    .............frank

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    One of my favorites is flood but you have to like water.
    I live 1/2 mile from the ocean in Vancouver, does that count? :-)

Yes, those are real nice effects. But that's the trouble, ALL FP stuff is real nice! lol!!! :-)

Outside of that I bought the two alien skin packages from xara which, while very heavy for this old machine, I enjoy
    I was considering AS Impact, especially for the glass and metal effects. But since I tried the demo I found the Xaraxone tutorials on making various metal and glass textures. So now I'm not so sure about Impact. I guess Impact would get the effects faster, which of course is a bonus.

Well, I was born in Vancouver and have lived right accross Canada. Now we are on the North Shore of the St Lawrence river (2 minutes walk), which is really the ocean with 10 to 15 foot tides and a summer water temperature or 3 to 5 degrees celcius or a 5 minute life expectancy. On the south shore, 20 k away the life expectancy is 1/2 hour. If you like to swim, you should live on the south shore and you will get an extra 25 minutes before meeting your maker or makeress to be politically correct.

Lacking talent and imagination I love plugins but the old pocket book doesn't, and the alien skin from xara are a really good deal, I have been looking and dreaming of them for close to 10 years now. Maybe the new packages offered by the company are even better but you have to draw a line somewhere.

Creating glass in xara is a piece of cake. Go into help and their is an excellent movie on creating glass. Bubbles are easy too. Ask the Drifter and Parahandy, I drove them both crazy with my bubbles. Now, I don't have much time to do very much since we are getting ready for the touristique season and our volunteer fire department has been volunteering all my time lately, 4 nights this week alone at about 3 hours per night, refreshing our abilities for extracting accident victims. I don't know if you have been following the thread Vase but if not, do so.....egg is helping everybody with blends which you may be able to work into the glass effect also. Your own imagination are your only limits
    .............frank

Well, I was born in Vancouver and have lived right accross Canada. Now we are on the North Shore of the St Lawrence river
    Small world-I'm on the North Shore here-West Vancouver.

Lacking talent and imagination I love plugins but the old pocket book doesn't, and the alien skin from xara are a really good deal, I have been looking and dreaming of them for close to 10 years now.
    But that's kind of a self fullfilling prophecy, isn't it? You have to work to develop any talent you might have or else you'll never create what you want. :-)

Creating glass in xara is a piece of cake. Go into help and their is an excellent movie on creating glass.
    Thanks for the tip-I missed that movie.

I don't know if you have been following the thread Vase but if not, do so.....egg is helping everybody with blends which you may be able to work into the glass effect also. Your own imagination are your only limits
    Not really, but I'll have a look see, thanks Gull! :-)

Creating glass in xara is a piece of cake. Go into help and their is an excellent movie on creating glass.
    Ok-I'm lost now. Which movie in help did you mean? The Transparency movie? I can't see one that specifically mentions glass in the title. Are you sure it wasn't a Xaraxone tutorial?

Alright, so I lied. I getting old so it's allowed.

Actually I was thinking of gel buttons so go into clip art, "example xara drawings 1" and you will find gel buttons with tutorials 1/2 way down. If you want a drinking glass, xaraxone.com, guest tutorials, year 2002, #17 by egg...great beer glass but it's empty, wonder why? Then, if you want window glass, well I saw a really great one recently, maybe it was a thread.....yes, I believe it was where someone wanted to replace windows in a photo of a house.....Bingo, just found it.....search for the thread "cutting out window panes for transparency reasons. How?" .....great thread. Also found "glass in the xara challenge" while looking for it but haven't really looked at it yet..wine glasses. If all else fails, cheat like me and buy a cheap digital camera and trace over the results
    .............frank