Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question NavBar linked to C:/ etc

I have not used my Webstyle 4 for awhile and had this error some years back but cannot rememer how to fix it. Others hopefully will remember.

I started a project and saved the Template with a vnavbar. Played with the project for awhile decided the whole design was a dud. So decided to start over. I deleted the Project completely from Xara. I checked Harddrive and Project is gone from Xara WS Template folder.

I then deleted all files in the Project folder in My Web Pages. So all reference to this project is gone, or should be gone. I restarted WebStyle and it remembers my last project name in the top left of the screen. So rather than get some reminant confusing the new project, I created a new project with a different name. No problems so far.

I then imported the same template that I was using before. I mod the Vnavbar and save it as well as the template.
    I then open the Template later and try to add,change or do anything with the Vnavbar and it gives me the "linked to C:/ and the route to where the Vnavbar folder is.......great....but I cannot edit it, no idea why it is telling me its linked, I know that and know where the vnavbar graphics are. So its obviously glitched somewhere.

I did clear this error once before and was able to progress using the VnavBar I had modded, I just don't remember how to get rid of the error

Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by confoosed; 27 May 2006 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: NavBar linked to C:/ etc

Hi,

Sounds like your experiencing the same frustration Ive just posted about. It seems that if you ever decided to import a page from a different project within the same peice of software....your gonna screw up. The trouble is now I am looking to lose some 20 pages of design, for just that one little error!!! Im confused and angry at present best leave it at that!