Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default combining animations

A recent topic had me giving advice on using UGA to combine two different animated files into one. I decided to try it out myself, and found my very old copy of Ulead Cool 3D. So I made a simple 3d text animation with it, then exported it as a transparent animated gif file (it had no options for exporting a series of transparent png's which would have been great for anti-aliased layers, unfortunately...) Anyway, I anti-aliased the objects in PI, then saved the file as a .ufo file then opened it with UGA. Added another emblem-like object on the background (which I saved in my custom objects pallette, among other things. Very convenient for storing re-usable graphic elements, like arrows or watermarks) and animated that as well, using UGA's tweening function. Then added a transition effect to finish it off. Had to resize it very small, though, for posting it here.
    What I'm saying here is :it can be done. It just needs time and a little patience...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Default Re: combining animations

Cool! Can you combine more than two??????
    -=Bob=-
    IP

I wanted to see your eyes roll in and drop to the floor, come on it has to be funny.

No hammer, no wrench, just brilliant animation. No cult of the living dead demanding "Brains".

Alright, I'll admit it, I'm spoiled and you have yourself to blame.

(I still like the animation but I am down on my humor fix.) My hands are shaking so much I can barely type..... @#$@#%@^@% you see.... I'm hitting the wrong keys and everything.

I've always wondered how the Black Beast of Arghhhhhhhh was animated, the one in Mighty Python and the Holy Grail who ate the animator. The Black Beast could chew on your name or your animated avitar while your eyes roll out of its mouth. Great fun.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

More than two? yes. It's really only limited by the amount of objects UGA can handle, the amount of hair on your head and how much sanity you want left after you finish the project .
    The Black Beast of the Aaaaarrrrggghh...
    Interesting idea. Not really familiar with it, so I googled for pics. Fun stuff. Is it something like the one below? No textures or anything yet, just weird lighting. Texturing would be hard, rigging a torture and animating would be a nightmare. Getting gobbled up would be a relief....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBoftheA.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	26077  
    IP

He's cute...
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Yes, he's the one but he wasn't that shade of pink in the movie.

So you are not a Mighty Python fan, you really ought to see that movie, it is a classic piece of comedy and it is still popular. Such a low budget film and it has made beaucoup bucks.

A quicker animation would be to blow him up with the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch as described by Brother Maynard from the Book of Armaments.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Great ideas. The movie sounds like a classic must-see. I'll look it up one of these days.
    The Holy Handgrenade?!
    Well, I looked for some more references, but most seems to be about a stuffed toy version of it. So I went for the color scheme based on it. It is now rigged and colored, and I posed it like a stop motion doll, took some png snapshots of it. Pretty much Blender 3D stuff. OK, to justify placing it here in the PI forum, the gif animation was put together in UGA . Snap! snap!.... don't point your finger too close on the monitor....

Name:	BBAtest1.gif 
Views:	276 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	26112  
    IP

That's excellent.

Yes, you should really rent this movie. It is terribly funny.

The Holy Handgrenade of Antioch was a silver orb you could hold in your hands, encrusted witha jewel design about the equator and forming a cross at the top, there was a cross that rose above it, it was actually the part you pulled to activate it.

It got rid of the rabbit, you see, it had terrible teeth, the rabbit was "Dynamite".

Sally M. Bode
    IP

The description of the Holy Handgrenade sounds like something popes and saints hold in their hands on medieval paintings.... or those fancy Russian ornamented eggs
    Hmm.. maybe I'll do one later, who knows?
    For the meanwhile, you'll just have to amuse yourselves with the running version of the Beast....
    I wonder how I'm going to stitch these together later? (In keeping with the title of this thread, that is...)
    Errr.... Rabbits?! Terrrible teeth?!

Name:	BBArun.gif 
Views:	276 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	26158  
    Last edited by Grafixman; 30 May 2006 at 09:33 AM.
    IP

The order of the events is as follows: King Arthur and his knights arrive at the cave, which is guarded by the rabbit, described as being no ordinary rabbit, but such a blood thirsty rabbit, you have never seen, as warned by Tim the Enchanter. Sir Robin is so frightened by the description that he soils his armor. Nevertheless, Arthur and his men are not impressed and charge the cave, the rabbit bites most of their heads off.

To which they shout in unison: "Run Away!!!"

It is then that Brother Maynard brings forth the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch. And Arthur is straight forth instructed from the Book of Armaments how one dosth lob a handgrenade at the foe "who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Thus saith the Lord (all tongue in cheek or course).

Having dispatched that foul rabbit, they enter the cave and read the wall with the last message of Joseph of Arimathea, and he warns them of the Black Beast of Arghhhhhhh, as written on the wall.

Then the Black Beast stalks them but in the process, he eats the animator (namely now Gman) and so they are in quite a dilema as you can see.

You can't just rent the movie. can you?

So as I said, you hanging out of the mouth would be rather wonderful.
    Not that I want you hurt, mind you.

Really.

Sally M. Bode
    IP