Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vase

Default Re: Vase

Sorry Bob I thought it was an .html file but that is all stored temp in Eggs website silly me
    http://www.xlwebdesign.co.uk/xara/fl..._tut/vase.html
    Last edited by parahandy; 30 May 2006 at 06:59 PM.

Wow that blend thing is just great, love it.
    Thanks for the tutorial egg, i am going to have lots
    of fun and experimenting with this technique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri eye stars(edited).JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	26171  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ankhor; 30 May 2006 at 07:11 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

sorry guys had an important vet appt.. I'm still in the process of downloading this one. let me make sure what I'm attempting will work then get back to you...

Had to borrow a computer but I finally got to see the tutorial. You did great Egg, really great and I appreciate all the time that you invested in creating the movie. Too bad I can't see it on my computer but I will forgive you this time and I'll upgrade the drink to a cool bubbly lager in a clean glass, but no guinness tonight.....sorry

Even though I use the shape editor tool a bit like you, your much more efficient and faster and still have a few more tricks up your sleeve. Actually, I really enjoyed that part of the movie, maybe just as much or more than when you got to the actual blend. Great way to learn. Maybe tell, not ask but tell xara to post it in the help as an additional movie. They certainly haven't posted any new ones for sometime now so this would be a great addition. Cooking with egg....again, really, really appreciate all the time and effort you have gone to in both making the movie and replying to everybodies questions. Now for your next quest.....get a spell check here

Frank
    .............frank

You can download the files , but we should probably get Egg's permission first. This may cause more bandwidth to his site. Maybe Egg will post the files here for download. It was a nifty little tutorial.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

my thots are too much in a jumble from all that going on-- here and otherwise!
    a4hire is right, tho. I guess having downloaded the vase file methods he put up I didn't give anymore thot to his tutorials. sincerely sorry, there Egg. what you've done had to be a big effort and it's tremondously appreciated!!

so now I'm in a bit of a quirey, boys. I said I'd tell you how I saved....but to do so now, well just causes another quirey. I will say that I only have saved the 'quick' one from the Xara Xtreme ?'s thread (this took about 1/2 hour and not sure how long it will last). to do the same for the long one in this thread would take a whole lot more time. Regarding this one, I unfortunately have only heard about one sentence or so following the link, then all becomes giberish. I'm assuming cuz of my 26.4kbp dial-up.

so you dudes have the advantage of having seen that. but I still can't get all the things to go right when I practise with my own play-shape...tho I have come up with creative substitute of sorts

as said b4 Egg, if it's your desire that I delete what I have just give the word!! in the meantime I"m watching it over and over. please do make this tut available in some manner that works for both you and Xara
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 30 May 2006 at 10:37 PM.

just had to post this intriguing "Accident"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	violetvaseACC.jpeg 
Views:	177 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	26182  

Oooooo! I like that! Very intriguing! Nice job, Twidder!
    -=Bob=-

not sure I can say thanks for an "Accident"
    ....but, I guess I'm glad I posted it

Thanks Folks

I'm glad to hear that you've found the tutorial usefull. I've no objection to downloads. I would leave them on my site longer but the file sizes are humungous (5Mb and 32Mb!). The large file took me 18 minutes to upload via FTP (on a 2 mbps connection) so emailing it isn't an option either.

I produced them in Camatasia screen recorder as avi's, then imported them into Flash for conversion to .flv

I haven't used Camatasia a lot, and perhaps in future I can dramaticaly reduce the file size. I believe the most viable proposition is to reduce the colour depth, but from what I can make out you have to do this to your own monitor prior to recording. I looked at my monitor properties and I only had the option of 16 & 32 bit colour. I'll have to delve into this further.

Someone asked about the named colours. I use a default template with 2 named colours and 10 shades of each colour. I find it easier than creating new colours & shades anew each time. I have uploaded it before but I'll attach it here again.

Frank. I can only apologise. How many crashes? I nearly chocked on my Guinness
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host