Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vase

Default Re: Vase

Thank you Egg for this tutorial I learned quite a bit from it. I even learned how to pronounce xara properly I always said exara. Is it possible to save or get a copy of the tut please, before it is deleted from the forum? . My memory will not hold all the steps taken. By the way your dulcet tones sound ok to my Scottish ears.
    ...........Norman

Quote Originally Posted by twidder

Seagull, on your yellow vase from 2 seperate shapes #27--that is not from my original light blu vase that you got no dark outline--correct? or if it is from the original I'd like to know

well I'm glad you guys are having a good time and learning, but I'm still stuck.
    nance
    Arrrrgggg. My stupid computer just crashed reading your thread. Crashed again on rebooting. Double Arrrggggg.

First, by accident or not, congratulation Nance, you started a great thread and I am really glad egg jumped in to give his two cents worth which is probably a Canadian dollars worth.

Nooooooooooo, that is not your origianl vase. You spent hours doing it according to you, I would go crazy spending hours like that. I really like playing on the computer but can only handle it in bursts of about an hour or so, so no. God help all those people out there that have to spend 8 hours a day in front of a screen. Mine vase was just a simple circle, a rectangle that were added together so I could work on egg's blending technique. Starting with a blank screen, I had it drawn and blended in roughly 5 minutes, which as I stated, qualifies as a doodle. What your doing has got to be work or a labour of love. Personally, I don't need anymore work at the moment and I have a wife and daughter and a 100 pound chocolate labador that thinks my arms are 6 feet too short and his mission in life is to rectify that problem, so I don't need anymore love in my life either. Could use longer arms though, according to somebody, 6' more apparently.......Frank

P.S. I really like some of the art that is now being posted, including yours Nance. This is a gooooooood thread
    Last edited by Seagull; 30 May 2006 at 12:26 PM.
    .............frank

Egg, that tutorial was GREATTTTTTT!!!!!! It was also really cool hearing your voice.
    That tutorial is so full of stuff i do NOT know - stuff that you do automatically and probably don't even realize other people don't know - that i too, like Norm, would like to save that video or whatever it is.

i don't know how to do that........
    -=Bob=-

I've downloaded these tuts becuz I have such a slow dial-up. If this is NOT ok, Egg, just give the word and I will happily( ) delete them when I get thru with getting all that is there in my head. I have had the same thot that all these you've supplied--is there a way to incorporate them into xara tuts?

thanks, Seagull. I'm really glad that this thread is helping others. but you guys are getting it much faster than I am --no fault of Egg's

about the time put in my vase... 1. it is my favortite vase 2. it just happenss to be the object I chose to help me learn more thouroghly how to use Xtrmeme features. turn out to be a very challenging object!
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 30 May 2006 at 05:21 PM.

Egg, you horrible, horrible little man. 5 times today, 5 times I've rebooted my computer and here I was blaming poor Nance and her thread, but now I know it's the link to your tutorial. I did see it come in once, saw the left half of a vase, heard your voice kind of, not words, you sounded exactly like Bob Hahn's thread to tell the truth, then another crash. Wouldn't be so bad if Nance, Drifter and Parahandy were not raving about it, but now I'm crawling up the walls with curiousity and have to see it....probably heading towards a 10 to 15 reboot day today.

I had you all lined up for a double splat award but I changed my mind. If you visit the artist thread and sit down at the barrel for a drink, that there Seagull is going to tell Parahandy the bartend, no guinness for you, just a warm, flat, watered down lager in a dirty glass. Arrrgggggg, the fustration you've caused me today, 5 times. And I bet you've fallen out of your chair you're laughing so hard, thinking to yourself, 800 x 640, 6 gig harddrive, reboot 5 x......what a looser. Definetly a lager for you tonight my friend. Cheers
    .............frank

Twidder, how did you dl that??? Do you rightclick on the Click Here and choose save target as or do you do it when in the tutorial itself????
    Also, Egg: Are you using a master default template with all those previously named colors????? If so, do we have to make our own or is there a template somewhere with all that in it that we can dl?????
    -=Bob=-

how did I download it....., well when you cover the image (after you've opened it by clicking on the link) with your cursor you should get the standard right hand corner circle-like shape and in the upper LEFT hand corner about 4 options. one it SAVE. does that help?...oh, I'm using IE for browser which I think this is a standard thing that IE uses
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 30 May 2006 at 05:27 PM.

i'm also using ie

but the tutorial is macromedia flash 7

the only time i get those 4 boxes in the left is if it is a still pic, not a movie
    -=Bob=-

I think the tutorial is a .html file Bob at least when I right click on it and go to properties thats what it said .html. I am not sure what this circle Nance is talking about perhaps she will come back on that one. I personally don't think the file/tut can be saved in it's present form, it attempts to save it but seems to get stuck halfway. Best wait till Egg tells us if it can be done.

i agree, but apparently twidder has some secret way of doing this, perhaps...
    -=Bob=-