Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vase

Default Re: Vase

Morning Nance

I was a bit dumb last night. I answered without really thinking. This morning, when I draw an elipse and then a rectangle, slightly overlap the two and when selecting both and adding, there is no black line between them, they become one shape, which I knew but didn't think. Maybe if you post the steps you took....actaully I'm being sneaky, I am curious about what you did but I also want to see how you created your elipse.

P.S. try not to look up at this bird.....I am starting a way of showing my emotions called the splat system......don't ask but always be nice to me.
    .............frank

thanks Norm. my experiment with that showed the present blue outline against an orange page background darkened only parts of the outline, and that just doesn't seem right --while it does sorda explain it. if I remember correctly all other colors I changed it to had no problem

Seagull, I tried many times combining shapes--adding shapes b4 the first vase post. never got rid of the line. don't know if I needed to overlap them more --I was using a very small sized overlap, but it would again seem that that wouldn't matter

regarding the 'ellipse' and steps used to present shape. firstly I did not start with a seperate shape such an ellipse and or rectangle. started with a freehand draw. used the shape editor on that. at some point it seemed cutting into seperate shapes would make the editing easier. you wanted to know how I got that shape...many hours of detailed work. so as you can see the shape is not perfectly aligned, as Rich saw and probablly threw in the perspective tip. from an artisic point of view I take the viewpoint that nothing is truly perfect. but with a vase you have to get it very close at least, I think
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 26 May 2006 at 01:43 PM.

With regard to the dark line around your vase where there shouldn't be one. Try turning the antialias down a noch and see if that removes or reduces the phantom line.

thanks masque, will give it a try
    nance

I used the help index to look up how to change dithering. I tried changing from error-difusion, ordered, & none. I also tried changing the quality setting--got below 50% with no change. unless you have another means of changing the dithering these were both unsuccessful. I also must correct myself...the 'phantom' outline does occur for other lighter colors. fortunately dark colors which is the intended color for this vase as of yet show no 'phantom' outlines (have not yet put in any background color). so this remains a bit of a mystery
    nance

this thot occurred to me while I was resting. I redrew the vase shape per Seagull's idea of how to get rid of the unwanted line in the outline. in redrawing it could there have been some portion of the original outline that remained underneath (??)
    this vase will nolonger be of the color posted here. as others have done feel free to download these light blue shapes and do whatever you want with them including posting your own attemps if you like to solve mysterys
    nance

OK, I'm having problems. this is the first time I've tried using Xtreme gradient fills. I want to use more than one seperate fill, but I can't find how to do that....how is this possible?
    and when I try using the gradient fill with double-clicking a new 'handle' and color dropper-- the whole vase object goes white. quite frustrated
    any ideas for help?
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 27 May 2006 at 03:58 AM.

Hi Nance

Look at the attached xar file. Perhaps this might explain a few techniques.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg, I check it out!

Sorry Egg.....your not getting off that easy.
    First your put everything in layers and when I try to select, nothing. Took a minute or two before I realized you had had made each layer uneditable probably trying to catch a lot of people and completely fustrate them. This was sneaky, underhanded, uncalled for and again way too large for my screen resolution and I love it.....You just went up another 2 points in my book, all except for the screen resolution. That's hitting below the belt cause it affects me.

However my guru....vase #1 has me puzzeled. Remove the high light and select just the vase and we have a blue vase with a two tone finish. When I select the fill tool it says many.......???????.......okay. that says a lot about nothing. Oh oh...for some reason I right clicked on it and bingo, I am offered the blend tool and......damn.....I started writting this too soon. I just removed your blend and I see what you have done. You sir are one sneaky rascal. You are the ultimate guru and I the humble grasshopper. Go find Parahandy and ask for another one of those unpalatable Guinness that he's brewing in his old wooden barrel. Mind you, it's not as good as a thread as this one, everyone over there is into alcohol of one sort or another.
    .............frank