Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vase

Default Vase

IN PROGRESS
    it has taken tons of time and tedius work to get this shape just how I wanted it. using the selector-info bar {x / y} {w / H } and various 'combine shapes'. is there a simpler way to accomplish the same thing?

and as you can see--in combining the 2 shapes it has left a line that remains part of the outline (that goes away when no line color is selected) can anyone help me in how do I remove that part of the outline.....end result: all one fill color and an outline that does NOT include the obvious unwanted line? thanks
    nance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vase.jpeg 
Views:	594 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	25972  

Default Re: Vase

Hi Nance

I just downloaded your vase jpg, took my shape editor tool and just redrew it. Took only a minute and got the result you may be looking for. Mind you, since I am seriously lacking talent and imagaination, I cheat.....I use plugins and anything else so your probably best off to ignore me!
    .............frank

The way I do that is to leave the original with the lines, do a control K (clone shape or line) and then click none on line width. It leaves a perfect replica of the shape sans the lines. Make sure you group the shapes first.

You can see the clone of the shape on the right with no lines. Or you can simply make the line color the same as the fill color. Doing it the last way preserves the original dimensions of your art.

Name:	noline.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	25974  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 25 May 2006 at 10:46 PM.

Nance,

If you draw a circle and a line and group them, then drag the circle toward the line, you can get correct perspective.

Rich

Name:	Circles.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	25975  

Rich thanks for the perspective tip

James...how simple--same fill color with line color. ultimately that is how it will end up. it will include perspective, gradient, and transparency. the present render tho threw me........ a black clone with 0 line width--thanks, I think I'll experiment with that

Seagull, a good idea too. I do really appreciate your comment on 'cheating'. doing art without a computer first I TRULY felt that digital art was just plain cheating
    thanks guys

nance
    oh, I am in the habit up looking up at birds --be kind Seagull

vase IN PROGRESS
    james, I tried both your ideas but unsucessfully. the only way I could see to make the line width at 0 was a 'button' on the selector toolbar that looked like -\ with the - as an arrow. and every clone attempt created the outline. wouldn't be surprized if I was doing sumthing wrong

Seagull, I tried your idea and the below is the result. it did take additional time and additional tedius work BUT I did accomplish what I wanted.

now--it appears on the left side of the vase there is some remnant of a line?? for the sake of learning anybody know how I can get rid of that? thanks
    nance
    ps: oh, I see it's also partially on the right side as well

Name:	vase.jpeg 
Views:	534 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	25983  

Here's how you use the Color Editor for a fill of a line or a shape with color.

There are a couple of other ways to do this as well.

Another way I talked about previously was to set the line to none after you clone your shape. Example is in the second image.

Name:	linecoloreditor.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	25985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linenoline.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	25986  

OK. I'm fairly familiar with the color editor. but pointing out the line width and the 0 option on the scrolldown-- know about that too, but have rarely used it b4 (the 0 line width). of course using it in that manner per your instructions didn't occur to me .....

have discovered that the 'off' color in the outline might be related to setting the page color orange. be interesting to see how it goes without that
    thankyou

my effort, just drew a wide line round image and filled with appropriate colour
    the apparent line on the right may be an optical illusion caused by the orange colour.
    Last edited by parahandy; 26 May 2006 at 09:31 AM. Reason: wrong shape.

I think this proves what you thought nance its the orange colour causing the illusion. Sorry about the change of shape in the first effort.

Name:	vase2.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	25997  
    Last edited by parahandy; 26 May 2006 at 09:30 AM.