Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash mini site

Hybrid View

Default Re: Flash mini site

The AV Pure & Simple logo looks very good at the start.

Maybe you could hold it a bit longer before everything else moves in?

regards/David
    www.vectorgraphic.co.uk

Ok David - updated.

Pauland,

I was looking at the Website and thought about a few things since it is a mini-website.

To attract their attention on what they do is accomplished by you in an excellent manner.

However in my opinion, you need to promote as the website goes into its final stage of who they are.

Also, another thing I liked about your mini-site development is that you progressed the color spectrum of the slides, except you abandoned that excellent idea in the left column. No earth tone back ground for the slides.

I am placing two jpgs here demonstrating on what I mean. Notice how the slides progress in color shading from light to dark and it is consistant across the page.

The other thing is that you can take a them of the page such as the slides and use that to the pages advantage to accent what the company does and more importantly who they are when the pages finalizes. See the images below. Look at the company's theme, "Audio Visual Pure and Simple." I would re-emphasize that as you finalize the transition from page format from example 1 to example 2 below.

Just some suggestion, I love the concept and presentation. They will be highly pleased regardless of any nitpickings on my part. heh
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hi James, I'm not sure from your examples if you're suggesting that I do away with the strips and put a gradient over the images themselves?

The images at the edge are over black because I thought it might look a bit odd with the strips being uneven (in width) horizontally and vertically, and there's the question of how the logo would look over the strip background -
    I will revisit that though.

I like your layout for extra pages with the transitions. If my customer would be happy to help provide more copy so I could go multi-page, it would look quite different - I would probably have a menu system arranged around some blocks of images that would change between pages.

Current I have no provision to make this print well and will look into that. usually on HTML sites I just use CSS to sort that out.

My client is really pleased with it and was from the first ever version that I did for him overnight. I haven't had feedback yet on the recent changes.

One day I'll work out how to make this pay.. (my last pitch resulted in a few days work, only to have the customers original website designer offer a freebie in return for a free holiday let in switzerland).

Thanks for the feedback.

Paul

Excellent Pauland!

Customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal and it appears you achieved that!

On the transition, I was just emphasizing that gradient effects should be reflected in any background as well as the tone of photo. Light to dark, dark to light or any other combo.

But anyways, it reads like you're doing it right! Keep on keeping on!

Well I tried a wide strip on the left to go behind the images, but it didn't really work with the logo and beside that I'm not sure if I liked it.

This evening I went to a web usability talk - quite interesting.