Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: View-Master

Default View-Master

Made this for a contest (Theme = View-Master).

Unfortunately, the owner of the forum flaked out on us 1 day before the contest deadline and closed up shop. So, no judging and no prizes (sigh).

[Fun Fact]
    I decided to make the Model B. The model B came in four different colours, black, brown, blue and the due tone black and blue (seen here). The due tone black/blue is considered the rarest/valuable View-Master ever made. It was thrown together in 1947 for a short time using the left over parts from the all black and blue models, to get rid of inventory before launching thier new Model C.

Thanks for letting me share,
    ~Liam~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View Master-1-jpeg.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	25784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View Master-2-jpeg.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	25785  

SLA'INTE

Default Re: View-Master

This is great. But the texture you used for floor/background does not make justice to the modeling work. So please try a diferent one, because this can be a great image with the proper envyronment and it deserves it!!!

Emanuel

Thanks Emel.

So you don't like my carpet, eh? I was rather fond of it myself, lol.

Maybe wood, linoleum, or perhaps that kids carpet with the race track scene sewn into it. Maybe I could make that in Xara with a little discplacement and bump mapping and it would look like the real deal. Ah well, there's always next time.

Thanks for the response.

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE

WOW!!! I think it's fantastic!!!!!!! (just as it is)
    -=Bob=-

Very well done!

Brings back a lot of memories too. Viewmaster took off with a lot of cheap imitators. One could not go anywhere that had a tourist shops without finding viewmaster slides for sale!

Great work. I think the carpet looks very realistic. I think maybe Emel mentioned the background, because it is kind of dark and there is not much contrast between the view finder and the carpet. Maybe if it was a lighter color then the view master would stand out more.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Great work with the modelling and texturing. I agree with the comments on the ground, too. The background is just too flat and obviously mapped on a plane. It gets blurry at some parts, too. It takes away a lot from the scene.
    The device itself could be placed at a better angle. It's kinda lost, right now, with the scene being dominated by the slide disk and the dark background. The only clue on how it really looks comes from the crumpled brochure on the ground.
    Perhaps you could render the objects with a transparent background and find a matching picture to composite it to. That would be easier. Scenes and backgrounds drive me crazy, too...
    Last edited by Grafixman; 20 May 2006 at 01:02 AM.