Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy PSPX and Corel Draw Compatibility

I have several designs in PSP X that I need to send to someone using CorelDraw 12. When I send a standard .wmf file, the images look jagged. If I save them as a .bmp first, then reopen and save as a .wmf, they look fabulous. Unfortunately, when she receives them via email, they are either skewed (meaning an object or two get moved or get off-center) or very jagged looking.

She ends up having to edit them again before turning them into a T-shirt transfer. I would like to be able to send her a file that is ready for transfer without all the touch-up work. I can't find a way to export or save the file as a .cdr.

Can anyone provide some insight on how to make this file transfer a much smoother process without touch-ups?

Thanks!

Gretchen
    www.girlscantwhat.com
    Last edited by drummergirl; 17 May 2006 at 07:34 PM.
    IP

Default Re: PSPX and Corel Draw Compatibility

Try saving to EMF rather than WMF file format. EMF is the newer version and is 32 bit.
    IP

Why are you sending in .wmf format?
    PSP can export vectors in .eps format, which is supported by CorelDRAW.

If the work is bitmap, then you could save in .png.
    IP

Thanks - I'll try those options and see what happens.
    IP

Well- she says the .emf was a mess (very skewed) and she can open the .eps but it only shows parts of the image and not all of the image. Any other suggestions?

I'm going over there tomorrow so we can test things out directly from pne PC to another instead of via email. I need this to work ASAP. I have customers waiting.
    IP

Doesn't PSP X still have a CDR format? Not sure what version it would be.

I would test it, but I only have Corel Draw 4.

I was able to open corel draw format in PSP9 with no problems, transparency maintained.

I don't think it would help if I ported it over to Corel Draw 4 as it is a much older version than your friends. But just a thought.

I did conversion of Corel Draw 4 to Xara Xtreme. I won't post the PSP9, as it had no problems. Now the other way around it might, but I'm on two separate machines and was getting dizzy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corel4toxarax.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	25779  
    IP