Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Help! with getting button and text in same image

Hi Raffy

Re email message: I assume this is a TalkGraphics auto responder to a thread you're watching. Each time a new post is added an email is automatically sent to you. In this particular case we had 2 very similar threads about buttons and text, so in my role as Moderator I merged the 2 threads. Unfortunately the email link then became invalid.

As for how it's done: Do you have XaraX / XaraXtreme or XaraWebster?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

HI,Egg! THanks for fixing it.I have Xara Xtreme and 3d6 and Websylye 4(which I haven't really used yet.)

Default Re: How to use graphic and text together

That is awesome Bill! Could you explain how you did that? If it is to long for the forum you could just shoot me and email. I tried like hellfire to do it and just couldn't figure it out! I guess that is why I am in the forum!!

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Using the images you provided, here's a 'coin' animation. The zip file contains the animated gif and the .x3d file.
    That is awesome Bill! Could you explain how you did that? If it is to long for the forum you could just shoot me and email. I tried like hellfire to do it and just couldn't figure it out! I guess that is why I am in the forum!!

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Is this the type of thing you're after?
    Hey there EGG! Both of those are great but I am thinking of full rotations on both. I would like to know how you did both of them though. As I told Bill, I just have tried to no avail to try to include text and objects with no luck. Like I told Bill, if it is to long to explain if you could email it, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry you were under the weather, Magoo. I hope you are feeling better now. I wasn't well last night and didn't work on your question.

Reading the posts you made today, I see you want text above and below the shape (coin). The attached image is what I came up with tonight. I'm also attaching a zip file that contains the .x3d file for the animation.

To get a different image to show in an animation you need two shapes with a page break between them. The animation shows one page for the first half of the animation and the second during the second half.

It took a lot of trial and error to get the two different textures on the two different disk shapes. I don't think I could document all the steps taken. If you have an specific questions, I can try and answer them individually.
    Bill, could you explain how to do that page break thing?

Hi Magoo,

If you follow the instructions in the http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=14417 thread. After applying the textures open the Text Options window (the Aa icon on the left side of the screen). Place the cursor between the two discs and then click the Insert Page Break button (upper right of the window). The disc to the left of the Page Break will display during the first half of the animation and the one below will be shown the second part of the animation.

If you add additional text above the top disc and/or below the bottom disc you must adjust the position of the textures on the discs as they will be moved when the text is added.

BTW, I used the two images you posted previously and imported them into Xara Xtreme and made changes in size and trimed the Counter Terrorist Unit so it was the same size and the DHS image. Then exported each as a .jpg to use as the textures on the discs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images-1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	25822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d-page-break.gif 
Views:	205 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	25823  

Last edited by Soquili; 20 May 2006 at 11:55 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry you were under the weather, Magoo. I hope you are feeling better now. I wasn't well last night and didn't work on your question.

Reading the posts you made today, I see you want text above and below the shape (coin). The attached image is what I came up with tonight. I'm also attaching a zip file that contains the .x3d file for the animation.

To get a different image to show in an animation you need two shapes with a page break between them. The animation shows one page for the first half of the animation and the second during the second half.

It took a lot of trial and error to get the two different textures on the two different disk shapes. I don't think I could document all the steps taken. If you have an specific questions, I can try and answer them individually.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...1&d=1148089374
    That is cool as hell!

Hi,Egg and Bill!I'm getting there,but am still having trouble getting the whole thing to work.Here's what I've got so far:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5...orforum1ia.gif

I can get the top text to move with the disc,and the bottom text to move with the disc,but not all together at once.I suspect it's because of the page break,but am not sure,and don't know how to get rid of the break.

thanks for your help!