Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: How to use graphic and text together

I only use external modems for the extra protection from lightening and any other surges on the telephone line.
    This time of year we have a lot of thunderstorms and all the telephone lines are above ground so they can pick up a significant voltage from a near miss from a lightening bolt. Actually the only damage is to 3 flat pack resisters that connect the main modem circuitry to the telephone line, but I'm too cheap to buy a resistor kit for $100 when I could buy a new modem for $29. The small flat resistors are only available in a complete kit of common resistance values. My DSL service will only cost me $29 a month, now that it is available in my area. My dial up service was almost that much from the same company .

With the DSL service they install heavy duty lightening arrestor at the main junction box on the side of the house. Any surge is shunted to ground and the relay resets once the voltage is gone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Well, it looks like this calamity was actually a blessing in disguise...
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: Help! with getting button and text in same image

THanks,Egg and Bill! I didn't realise that it was a new thread.And thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,Bronco Fan cam-yes,that's the basic idea!I'd like to be able to do that,and also to have a button totally seperate from the text,but in the same image,and moving if possible.Not too demanding,am I! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    Are you thinking something like this?
    Hey Bronco fan! Sorry I have not replied as I have been under the weather. While that is incredible and would very much like to know how you did that, what I am looking for is text on top

Homeland Security
    the image would be here in the middle (I am unsure how to put a pic in)
    Counter Terrorist Unit

Just like that.

Also, are you the one who did that awesome graphic with the Broncos logo with the AFC logo on the alternate side?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    I played with it a little more...
    So Bronco fan, were you in the Navy? I only ask this because of your coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Hi Magoo2,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm having some problems getting a texture on a circle above text and it's way past my bed time. I'll continue to work on it tomorrow evening. If anyone else can provide an answer in the mean time, please do.
    Thanks Bill! You guys are just great. You have some serious talent as well as the other members in the forum. I am learning a lot by reading a lot of the posts. I hope that someone can just help me figure out this thing that I am trying to do!

Cool Re: How to use graphic and text together

Okay. Little slow on using the forum so forgive me. This is kind of what I am looking for...

Department of Homeland Security

(Insert attached logo)

Counter Terrorist Unit
    I am still unsure how to insert the image into this thread so it is attached.

Thanks to everyone for your help with this!

Magoo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CTU White.gif 
Views:	378 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	25795  

Ooops! Sorry guys! That was a bit big! Here is a graphic of it which is smaller except for one. Also, I was wondering how in the heck can you put two different logo's/pictures on each side of the circle/coin?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CTU_Logo_Wallpaper_by_KSchmied.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	25796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHS_Seal.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	25797  

Sorry you were under the weather, Magoo. I hope you are feeling better now. I wasn't well last night and didn't work on your question.

Reading the posts you made today, I see you want text above and below the shape (coin). The attached image is what I came up with tonight. I'm also attaching a zip file that contains the .x3d file for the animation.

To get a different image to show in an animation you need two shapes with a page break between them. The animation shows one page for the first half of the animation and the second during the second half.

It took a lot of trial and error to get the two different textures on the two different disk shapes. I don't think I could document all the steps taken. If you have an specific questions, I can try and answer them individually.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update