Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: Help! with getting button and text in same image

Hmm some scamartists just put bricks in the packaging, you would
    consider that top quality merchandise I guess
    If they weigh enough, of course. But not any bricks eh, good quality, heavy bricks shoved into the tower. Low on computing power but feels great when you pick it up.

Daughter is advancing and I am doing something for you also. BEWARE!!!!!
    .............frank

Default Re: How to use graphic and text together

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    Sorry you were under the weather, Magoo. I hope you are feeling better now. I wasn't well last night and didn't work on your question.

Reading the posts you made today, I see you want text above and below the shape (coin). The attached image is what I came up with tonight. I'm also attaching a zip file that contains the .x3d file for the animation.

To get a different image to show in an animation you need two shapes with a page break between them. The animation shows one page for the first half of the animation and the second during the second half.

It took a lot of trial and error to get the two different textures on the two different disk shapes. I don't think I could document all the steps taken. If you have an specific questions, I can try and answer them individually.
    Hey Bill. Have been trying to get this and have accomplished the two different coin sides but how do you include the text above and below the middle spinning object? Do you do the text first then put in the object? Thanks.

Hi Magoo,

You made me have to try and remember something from more than an hour ago....OUCH! Hard to get those rusty cogs and gears moving in that muddy water I call a brain.

To answer your question, I made the rotating disk first with the two sides then I added the text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apples-oranges-text.gif 
Views:	135 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	26408  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, but how did you get the text in there? Did you go into the screen that you have showed above, and if so and even if not, when placing the cursor, do you place it before or after the circle then hit enter? Sorry for what may seem like dumb questions but for some reason I am just not getting it. Thanks!