Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 39 Ford Revisited

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You crack me up Norm!!! And that's an EXCELLENT pic!!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Great looking 39 wW. My first car was a 39 Ford Deluxe followed by a 38 Ford Deluxe. After that came a long line of hot rodded Fords and Chevs. I still think the 38-40 Ford coupe is one of the best looking cars ever produced. You have the ghost of Big Daddy Ed Roth in your art wW. Great work!

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    My first car was a 39 Ford Deluxe. - You have the ghost of Big Daddy Ed Roth in your art wW. Great work!
    Is Roth the guy that did the crazy Cars & Creatures driving them? If it's the same guy, I remember that stuff from my childhood. Subconcious influence perhaps... Hey Gray, My dad's been working on the 39 for years. Technically speaking, did I get the details right? I think they had several versions of the grill. Check out this awesome custom 39 front end. (attached) Very nicely done, A clean car for shure....

Thanks ya'll for the kudo's!

The Car didn't print as well as I'd hoped. Next time I'll make adjustments with the shading so it'll print better.

Xara output tends to prints 2-3 shades darker than the color shown. (relative to grey scale & screen printing). I didn't compensate enough when seperating the art. Even though I used 2 black plates (punch black/solid & soft black/gradients). Live'n learn eh?

"I wish I were a genious, then I wouldn't have to think so much....." B)

wW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39ford4.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	25765  
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Your 39 looks pretty close to the original 39. Your Dad should really like it.

Ed Roth was the guy who did the car art ( Rat Fink ). He also built several show cars. A real legend in his time.

The Ford always had Standard and Deluxe models. The 38 Standard looked more like a 37 Deluxe, the 39 standard looked like a 38 deluxe and the 40 standard looked similar to a 39 Deluxe. Standards usually had one tail light if I remember correctly. I put 40 Ford headlights in my 39, they looked better at that time. Your Dads a lucky guy. Keep up that great art. I hope you post some more of your car art.

Cheers, Gray.