Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cartoon scene

Default Cartoon scene

Here is a little cartoon type fantasy scene I cooked up one idle afternoon. Created and rendered in Blender. I found that when doing this type of rendering, it helps a lot to turn off the specularity functions of the lamps and materials. Lots of low intensity lamps placed all around is also better than a few high intensity ones. It helps keep the lighting even all around. Also, most of the lamps are set to cast no shadow, too. The shadow is controlled by one lamp set to cast shadows only. Lots of control gained that way and it keeps the scene from getting too dark and shadowy, specially with lots of objects all around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushroomhouse.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	25657  

Default Re: Cartoon scene

Grafix another excellent rendering. the wee flowers and the shading great stuff.

***** Norman.

Yes, that is most most excellent! I wanna live there!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Thumbs up Re: Cartoon scene

Wonderful imagery G-man.

Thanks guys.
    Norman, yes, I also feel that the little flowers are the main things that add to the brightness of the scene. Take them away and the scene becomes quite dull. You have very good eyes for these things.
    Bob, there wouldn't be enough space in there for your tools... But mushrooms grow like crazy after some rains, so perhaps...
    Mike, long time no post from you. Glad you can still find the time to drop by now and then.

Nice.

Does Smurfete live in there. Because I admit...I have a crush on her.

I agree about the lighting. Multiple lights with a touch of Gamma Correction is always better then AO.

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE

Haha, you'd have to risk that alone, Liam. I don't fancy having to battle my way through a gang of jealous blue smurfs to get to her....
    The setup renders faster than AO, too. At least on my ancient pc. Plus the fact that Blender has lousy grainy AO...

Bah, we could take em!

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE