Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Compiled list of freebies

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff
    Hi Craig,

I don't wish to cast stones at you. I agree that Eye Candy is expensive, and it is the reason I don't use it personally myself. I also have some disagreements with the way copyright law is used.
    Hmm do you mean there are funny copyright issues with eyecandies
    plug ins?
    Your list contained many free plugins that are worthwhile, and I myself have used many of them. It's just that when such links are posted here, TalkGraphics itself is put in jeopardy because it must either delete those links or risk being sued. This creates an unfortunate atmosphere in this very friendly and helpful place.
    Euh? If the manufacturers provide them for free themselves
    there wouldn`t be a problem , would there?
    Perhaps you and others will reconsider posting such links in the future.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Ankhor,

You found some parts of my post where I was not clear. Thanks for bringing them up.

• You wrote
      Hmm do you mean there are funny copyright issues with eyecandies plug ins?
      Both Eye Candy and SuperBlade Pro are protected by copyright. Several links posted had "free" download links for Eye Candy, as well as SuperBlade Pro and Blade Pro. It was those I was referring to.
    • Your list contained many free plugins that are worthwhile, and I myself have used many of them. It's just that when such links are posted here,....
      I should have formulated that much differently. What I meant to say is that although many of the plugins on several of these sites are free, there were some links to commercial plugins. It was those links that I was concerned about. I should have been much clearer.
    • You wrote:
      Euh? If the manufacturers provide them for free themselves
      there wouldn`t be a problem , would there?
      That, of course, is quite correct. Once again, I was referring to links to unauthorized software.

I should have been more careful in the way I formulated my message. Thank you for bringing these errors to my attention, which gives me the opportunity to express my views more cogently.

Regards,

Alan

I appreciate your clarification on this... when I posted the links, I had certain plug-ins in mind and didn't pay attention to other places the links could take you... (apologies) I hope this makes sense. The ones I posted were ones offered for free by various sites. I appreciate those that offer free things like this for those who cannot afford to pay lots of $, and as well if I use 'free' plugins from a certain company and am impressed, I may be more inclined to purchase plugins they charge for. Of course if I won a lottery and got stinking rich, I'd just buy them all and not worry about a thing--- Ok, back to reality.

Thanks for responding Craig. I very much appreciate the spirit of your words. As I said before, I don't want to cast stones or be judgmental.

One might want to think twice about posting links to unauthorized software. It is one thing for one individual to do it. However, it is another thing for such links to appear on a public place, as this actually does put the forum into some legal jeopardy in many jurisdictions.

You can download a trialware version of SuperBlade Pro (and many others too) legitimately. After the trial, you pay $30 for it. The guy who wrote it is a one-man operation and, I am sure, is not rich. He is a great guy who supports his software. I also am a not-rich guy who has had some of his stuff "borrowed," as I mentioned in a previous post.

Eye Candy is very expensive, and it is the main reason I do not use it.

Regards,

Alan