Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Error

Default Error

Hey guys just wanna ask how to reactify this problem. 1st time encounter such problems.

Error: Could not use the history brush because the history state lacks a corrensponding channel.
    IP

Default Re: Error

If you want to paint applying "all" the layer attributes from a previous state, you need to flatten your document prior to creating that previous states snapshot. Once you've created a snapshot you can revert back to the unflattened state via Undo. The flattened snapshot remains in History and will no longer give the warning when you use it with the History brush.

If you don't flatten the document prior to creating a snapshot, you can only apply attributes from corresponding layers. What this means is, if you had a red rectangle on layer 6 when you created a snapshot, you need that original layer 6 to still exist to be able to paint the red rectangle back onto that same layer 6.
    Lets say you used the eraser to erase the red rectangle, or change other attributes on layer 6, you can use the History brush to paint that red rectangle back again.

Note: Deleting layer 6 and creating a new layer and naming it layer 6 would not work.

Basically, a standard snapshot allows you to revert back to a "documents" previous state. With the History brush you can revert back to a "layers" previous state, and flattened snapshots allow you to paint using an entire documents previous state.

Sark

Edit.....

Because I don't post from my own PC, I was replying mainly from memory of my limited use of the History settings. A quick look last night and, as I suspected, if you alt click the snapshot button, you are given options which include a merged snapshot of your current document. This saves having to flatten the document and Undo after making a snapshot.
    Last edited by Sark; 17 August 2006 at 11:13 AM.
    IP