Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default More Artistic 8bf Filters

Hi. "Beauty", as we know, is in the eye and heart of the beholder.

I found these bitmap plugins that yield "artistic" results. You may
    want to explore using these on layers, along with adjusting opacities,
    and even with Xara's bitmap tracer.

(If you follow the sequential links at the bottom of the web pages,
    you'll find other categories of filters as well.)

Hope you create something "beautiful" for yourself or others.

http://punkinstuff.tripod.com/fx/fx1.html

Ken
    Last edited by Kman; 07 May 2006 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: More Artistic 8bf Filters

A little late of a response, but thanks for the find... I was finally able to try them out last night... I especially like the Poster Edges one... Thanks Again!

You're quite welcome. As I mentioned in the original post,
    there are several pages one can go to from the original
    link shown above. I'm glad you found something useful.

All the best to you.

Ken

Yes, thank you Kman. On the 4th or 5th page I started recognizing some of these filters from photoshop and started downloading a few. Hope they work in extreame.
    .............frank

Quite the find. These are great.

The pictures on the site don't do them justice. There are some real nice effects to be had with a better picture. And only a few didn't work.

Thank you.

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE

Cheers Ken!

Dave

Thank you all for the kind words.

Even if some of the filters there do not work in Xtreme,
    they probably will work in other bitamp apps that allow
    8bf filters. So, you could do "post" work with these
    other apps.

Have a fantastic day!

Ken

Hey Kman

I was trying to avoid writing in public so I would not have to embarass myself in public, but I am having troubles with the plug ins.....not for the first time to tell the truth. I have downloaded Sean Sedwards plugins months ago, last night I down loaded a few from the link you posted (great find by the way) and installed them but most are not showing.

The Path....C: program files....xara.....xara xtreme...xara picture editor....p.s.plugins....adobe (my folder)

I down loaded craqure, glass, ocean, polar, shear, twirl, wave & wind of which the only one I really would like is wave. Then I went into page options...plugins and set up the path. Opening the live plug in tool I was looking for a folder called adobe but instead found two new ones call distort (glass and ripple) and texture (craquelure) Where are the rest of the filters, including Sean Sedwards and why are there two new folders instead of the one I created? and how do I get the rest of the filters to work? Flaming pear have some free plugins and they were no problem installing. Any ideas on this? By the way, Sean Sedwards are working fine in XaraX and are found under Bitmap effects & Plugins (in a folder called Sedsoft which I did not set up) and are located in the plugin folder in xarax (program files)
    .............frank

Seagull,

I grabbed em all and most did work but I noticed some didn't work, particully the file with the twirl, wave ect. I think I only got one out of that whole Stylize catagory that I downloaded. So It's not you it's just a compatibility isssue. And I too now have different folders in my plug-ins list now for Texture, Stylize, ect. So it seems normal.

Take care,
    ~Liam~
    SLA'INTE