Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site doesn't show up in Internet Explorer...

Here's a site I made:

Zeitum

Only problem is that it doesn't seem to want to display in Internet Explorer or even Opera. It only shows up in Firefox. Does anyone have an idea on why this site is not displaying properly?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Site doesn't show up in Internet Explorer...

Rakien

I can only confirm what you already state. I don't use html much but I would suspect a css file. The source code is all loaded into IE so the problem looks like it's somewhere else.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I pasted you url into netscape7 and it works fine there. As you say not in internet explorer

try this free validator for css http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    I tried it and it found some faults in you code. hope this helps.
    ............Norman

Rakien.

You need to remove this code: <style type="text/css"> after you link to your attributes.css style sheet. You already have that attribute declared in the link tag.

I think that will fix your display in IE.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat
    Rakien.

You need to remove this code: <style type="text/css"> after you link to your attributes.css style sheet. You already have that attribute declared in the link tag.

I think that will fix your display in IE.
    Thanks, It worked! Unfortunatly another problem has arisen, the page now displays, but unproperly. Do you think this might be because I coded it badly or do you think it's because of something else? (The page displays perfectly with the Firefox)

Thanks again, Rakien.

Run your css file through the css validator http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

It looks like the Frame containing your content for the Latest Stuff section has the same tag problem I mentioned above. Take the <style type="text/css"> out of your Home.html page and it should work. You might want to check your other pages as well.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Hi,

besides the technical topics which have already be mentioned I would look at the way you display your links. Its of course just personal taste but I have to concentrate hard to read navigation, tutorial titles or modding links. The longer the text, the harder it is to read..

Juergen

Smile Re: Site doesn't show up in Internet Explorer...

Hi, I have looked at your site and it doesn't seem to have a correct docutype at the top, did you make it using Front Page?

there is an html editor evrsoft 1stpage the 2000 version is free, the 2006 version is approx £39 it is very easy to learn. and produces excellant results.

Looking at your page, I see a lot of gif fragments, this will make your site quite difficult to search, the meta tags should have more keywords and a longer description.

I'm sure that someone wiser than me will tell you how to make your site visible to more browsers. but a recognised docutypoe is a start.

Nikki