Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Neato texture tool

I just found this invaluable litte seamless texture making program that is invaluable for 3D artists and people that need seamless textures. It uses some fancy algorithm for tiling images and it has the great ability to take any texture from a photograph say a building that is in perspective and make just the quadrangle you select from that perspective become flat and seamless. I know that Photoshop has something similar but I think it's for cloning mostly. This is really cool. It is only $20 U.S. for the Pro version which add the ability to load Photoshop files otherwise it's free, by the way I had a slight problem in the checkout process but it was fixed right away.

s.g.
    Last edited by RTK; 29 April 2006 at 04:03 PM.

Default Re: Neato texture tool

yow! checking out! this could be king!

RonC

Yeah, this looked good but I can't get to the file. All I see is a message saying the site has been "leeched" and that the file doesn't belong there so get lost! Has their site been hacked? Anyone manage to get it?
    Jon

Look guys, I just came back and saw some people were having trouble downloading this file but I just checked the link to download the demo from their website and it downloaded fine so maybe you should try again.

s.g.

When I try to download it with either Firefox or IE, I get sent to another page that says the following:
    This file doesn't belong to the site you came from

Please e-mail the webmaster of the site you came from and tell him:
    NOT TO LEECH OTHER SITES LINKS!!

Definition of a Leecher: One who is to lazy to link from his own server or steals other peoples hard work and makes it look like his own

Your IP address has been logged.
    Regards,

Alan

I removed the link in sgiff's original post. As Alan mentioned - whatever that site is about - it's pulling (trying to) the file from somewhere else (and the people paying for the bandwidth don't like it).

As sgiff is the only one that has the tool, perhaps he could type up the about/copyright info. and the name of the tool here - and I'm sure we can find the original developer site using Google.
    Last edited by RTK; 29 April 2006 at 04:19 PM.

Ok, the guy who wrote this is named Shawn C. Swift

doing a google I found two other links that go to the site:

http://www.seamlesstexturegenerator.com/

also a site with some reviews:
    http://www.garagegames.com/index.php...=view&qid=7423

This really is worth checking out otherwise I would have just thrown up my hands as to why you guys were having trouble with the original site.

s.g.

Oh, and by the way, look at this example on the real site: Not only does it blend the texture but it matches the color and contrast as well. Very cool!

http://www.seamlesstexturegenerator.com/sample5.html

s.g.

bought it!

RonC

Something like this would be great if it could be adapted as a plugin if Xtreme.