Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wings

Default Re: Wings

Looks like my lawn.........
    -=Bob=-

I believe I get what your doing with the shape-strokes. you've been doing it all along, but in these grass/flower/leaves it's a little more confusing (for me anyway ) cause your using a one grass stalk w/leaves for one weed leaf--and if I'm understanding a blade of grass leaf for a whole mix of dandylions and their leaves. well done.

Drifter made a comment about his lawn....I've been home from Seattle a bit over a week now. when I returned it was abrubtly DRY and so little green. we've thankfully gotton moisture in the past week with frequency so it's amazing how much greener it has turned in just one week. bout time for flower planting....and dandylions
    nance

Nance,

Mook and Kai have been raiding the bean garden. Guess they won't wait for the beans to grow. They have been eating all the tender shoots. The plants in moss pots are a challenge, and Mook digs those up and runs around the garden.

It has been warm. Not much left to grow.

I did see a dragonfly today.

Laura decided to build a brick wall. So, I'm a little tierd from moving bricks.

Rich

I have been unable to do any flower planting of my own in recent yrs, and really don't have much experience as a gardner. My friends do their gardening. really wish I was able--having perrenials seems it would make things a bit easier. anyway so I'm saying not too knowledgable on the subject.......why are Mook and Kai eating the bean shoots, if you know? and don't think I'm familiar with moss potts

Nance,

Mook and Kai get green beans. If we forget, Mook lets us know. Dogs talk but in a different way. They have been on a diet after several months of rain and less activity. I think they are finding things to eat for themselves. They do like beans.

There are plant starting containers made of peat moss. Looks similar to thick paper. It was better than plastic, and they degrade into the soil.

I have been photographing an iris leaf. It should make a good image for a grass stroke.

I was making single strokes and using Effect lines to make a mass. Effect lines draw a series of a stroke between two paths. There is adjustment for spacing, etc.

Rich

A photo of an iris leaf warped into a spear shape, and made into an image stroke. The stroke was used to make a clump of grass, and exported to PNG. Then made into a new stroke. A set of paths were drawn and Effect line was applied and adjusted. This made a group of varying size and position of grasses. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grass.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	25602  

good clump of grass. you're getting your own library of clip art going. if that's what you want I'd suggest using that very clump for at least three different variations in the shape. probably be best best to have one set of 3clumps with same shading and lighting, and make another set of clumps with differenct shading and lighting(??)...just ideas...
    have a response to Mook and Kai but it'll have to wait...
    nance

Thanks Nance,

I need to make a few more variations. I made a view of an iris leaf being warped into a shape. I saved this as a PNG file and made an image stroke. As a stroke, the stroke will follow the path, and I can make width and variable width adjustments.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warp.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	25606  

Is this the mesh kind of thing people were hoping Xara would get? Looks cool!
    -=Bob=-

Drifter,

This is part Expression. I think all versions. So, E3.3 a free download will have the capability. This was a non time limited version form MS.

Expression doesn't have Mold capability like Xara, however.

I use Xara to mold things I need in Expression.

Rich