Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wings

Hybrid View

Default Re: Wings

grass leaves in #26 are excellant. 'non-perfect'
    took awhile to see the perspective of the dandylion using the size and placement as from a noon-time position. the dandylion-flower is excellant but the shading dosen't fit with the lighting of the leaves
    some type of underneath background might help with emphasizing the perspective of the weed-if that is your goal
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 07 May 2006 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Nance,

I scanned in a piece of grass and made an image stroke. It was shaped with variable width, but didn't come to a point as much as I wanted. The image was warped into a pointed shape for a new stroke.

I may make a vector leaf stroke and try to unstructure the leaves. This may let me color the shape after drawing it in perspective. Still have a lot to learn. There is a shading map to darken the edges of the leaf. With uniform color, it appeared as a single mass.

I have lots of flower images, but too many leaves.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ds.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	25541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sleaf2.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	25542  

The leaf as a vector stroke applied to a path and unstructured. The maps were applied after unstructuring.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unstructure.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	25543  

Looks like my lawn.........
    -=Bob=-

I believe I get what your doing with the shape-strokes. you've been doing it all along, but in these grass/flower/leaves it's a little more confusing (for me anyway ) cause your using a one grass stalk w/leaves for one weed leaf--and if I'm understanding a blade of grass leaf for a whole mix of dandylions and their leaves. well done.

Drifter made a comment about his lawn....I've been home from Seattle a bit over a week now. when I returned it was abrubtly DRY and so little green. we've thankfully gotton moisture in the past week with frequency so it's amazing how much greener it has turned in just one week. bout time for flower planting....and dandylions
    nance

Nance,

Mook and Kai have been raiding the bean garden. Guess they won't wait for the beans to grow. They have been eating all the tender shoots. The plants in moss pots are a challenge, and Mook digs those up and runs around the garden.

It has been warm. Not much left to grow.

I did see a dragonfly today.

Laura decided to build a brick wall. So, I'm a little tierd from moving bricks.

Rich

I have been unable to do any flower planting of my own in recent yrs, and really don't have much experience as a gardner. My friends do their gardening. really wish I was able--having perrenials seems it would make things a bit easier. anyway so I'm saying not too knowledgable on the subject.......why are Mook and Kai eating the bean shoots, if you know? and don't think I'm familiar with moss potts