Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How To Export Menus from One Computer to A New Computer?

I set up a new Dell and purchased Menu Maker 1.1 all over again for this computer (even though I am tossing the old Dell) I am up and running BUT, I have over 35 menus in the file I copied over and they won't edit for some reason.

Can someone tell me if there is an Export method, OR how about if I cope ALL folders in the Xara Directory of the old computer and paste into my new one, not just the Template folder?

Despite the challenges of the past day and buying the program for the second time for no reason I still say this is the nicest most professional product I have used. Once a menu is up and running they are wonderful!

Default Re: How To Export Menus from One Computer to A New Computer?

I'm going to reply to my own question here and say that I am thrilled to say, copying the "Entire" Xara folder from the old computer to the new one (placing in same directory) Has recovered all the menus, and they will edit!

But I would guess if you lost them on a computer (in a crash) then you would have to start over. Just having them on the Frontpage htm page will not recover the menu I don't believe.

i'm feeling quite relieved tonight.
    Last edited by caillouxcavs; 15 April 2006 at 02:12 AM.