Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash problems

Default Flash problems

I have my menu installed http://www.animalmakers.com/Animatronic_Accessories/

Can somebody tell me why the menu does not display properly when there is a flash animation or movie directly in the path of the drop-down menu?

Is there a work-around for this?

Default Re: Flash problems

If you are talking about the drop down menu above the banner flash I had no problems seeing the menu, clicking on the individual items and navigating.

Interesting website btw. Looks like you're a busy person.

I temporarily solved the problem by moving the flash down some. For an example of the problem, goto http://www.animalmakers.com/Animatronic_Accessories/

Infoman

The dropdown menus work fine in IE but in Firefox they disappear behind the Flash animation.

I can't really help you here but Firefox has given me grief with Flash in otherways in the past. Not Firefoxes making but grief all the same.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Infoman

We're cross posting at present but I still experience the 'under' menu's in Firefox.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think Egg Bramhill is on the right track. I still have no problem viewing the menus or navigating with IE.

I hear what you are saying, but I have a problem with Firefox. First, with 1 million hits in March, a large number of them are from FF users and another, IE is a HUGE security risk on most system so I would rather no design the site to be solely usable by IE.

Do we have a solution here?

I don't know about a solution, but perhaps a peek into the window of reality.

I guess the Active-X based IE has worked out the compatibility problems for Flash Plug-ins.

From what I've read about Firefox, there is a long term problem with Flash plug-in problem compatibility. I don't know if it's on the Mozilla or the Macromedia end or both.

Some users claim that Mozilla's "wmode=transparent" simply does not work as drop down menus disappear behind the flash. Does this sound like your problem?

POSSIBLE SOLUTION HERE?

I have no idea if this works, but this is what one person wrote about solving the problem:

... Flash, Java applets, and various form elements will *always* appear on top of everything. One option is to wrap a <div> around the offending Flash file, and set it's CSS style to "display:none" while the pop-out menu is onMouseOver, and set it back to "display:block" onMouseOut. note: This may be a possible work around for your drop down menus.

I would hate for you have to alienate a ton of people using Firefox. You might try perusing http://www.mozilla.org/ to see if any other solutions are there for you.

Best of luck with all that.

================================================== =====
    As a side note I've never had a problem with IE and security. Of course I'm loaded up to the gills with protection.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 06 April 2006 at 05:22 AM.

oops almost forgot.

An alternative would be make a drop down menu in Flash. Since a large majority of users/viewers have flash plug-ins, this might give you a broader compatibility.

Okay, I'm done for the nite.

Jamesmc, that was very helpful. I will look into it. Thank you.