Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No choice where to save graphics

I have a really annoying problem with menumaker 1.1 and Dreamweaver 8. The first time I save a new menu I get the choice where to save the graphics. I choose the graphics folder. The .js file goes in the template direcrory. Fine, I like that. When I make alterations to the menu and press save again I don't get the choice where to save the graphics to, the program just exits and Dreamweaver opens again. The graphics and .js file all save in the template folder, so I end up with two versions of the graphics and two versions of the .js file. I suppose I could cope with this but it is really annoying as I like my graphics to be in the appropriate folder. I am only using a simple menu bar with no sub menus.

Can anyone help me please?

Default Re: No choice where to save graphics

I have been having the same problem and found the only answer was to delete the menu on the page an reinstall it. The option then appears.
    If anyone can tell me how to use it with templates I would be delighted as I have the same problem with each new page and they do not upgrade.

RobertK

And sometimes deleting everything does not work either. I've emailed Xara so we'll see what they say.

If you get an answer could you pass it on?

This always happens to me so now I am not alone. This is why I always delete the menu and then click Insert, then Xara blah blah.

When editing it puts graphics in the main directory not allowing me to put them in my menu or graphics or images folder.

Open a blank page html page in dreamweaver and save it as menu.html. Insert the menubar and then all you have to do is cut and paste from this page into each page. if using a template make the menu area editable.

This seems to work with me now.

RobertK

Quote Originally Posted by RobertK
    Open a blank page html page in dreamweaver and save it as menu.html. Insert the menubar and then all you have to do is cut and paste from this page into each page. if using a template make the menu area editable.

This seems to work with me now.

RobertK
    sfl vtgtvg dfggbrfgh,,, fgb bf