Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sunflowers for Easter

Happy Easter, Bunnies, Chocholates, take your pick.

Decided to give PI 11 a trial. Like being able to see masks enabled on the layers palette so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunflowers.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	25018  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Default Re: Sunflowers for Easter

Very artistic. Happy Easter, too, Sally.
    How are masks implemented in PI 11? Specially with 2d vector objects. Can they be applied to them while still retaining the vector property of the object? How about resizing, scaling and rotating? Can masks be transformed independently of the object it is linked to, or transformed along with the object layer? Grouping. Is it possible to group several objects with individual masks? Can transparency be unlocked now? Specially for filter and effects, and brushes and touchup tools (smudging objects outwards, PI objects has always behaved like PS layers with transparency permanently locked. It is impossible to smudge an object or brushstroke with transparency outwards. The shape of the transparency was unaltered by the process, at least up to PI8).
    IP

Very nice Sally!
    Happy Easter to you as well (even though it's nearly over here )
    IP

G-Man the download is free. You could try some of this stuff too. As far as what I can reply right now: to enable masks is right on the layers palette like PS, as far as rotating one with the layers, haven't tried that one yet. Haven't tried masking a vector object either, but you can group objects with individual masks. I haven't tried smudging outward.

PI 11 is screwed up in ways because you have to enable all these workspaces to have the array of tools you have become accustomed to. If I were a new user, and I read about what it could do, unless I knew enough to go searching as I did, I'd just hang it up.

They changed editing in the material palette, assigning all your bevels, etc., it is easier to save you custom creation and they do seem to have more textures than before or maybe I didn't remember them all.

You'd have fun downloading it, Grafixman, and then you could play with it yourself and not be envious. I mean FREE download is good, so long as you have a fast connection and plenty of hard drive space.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

We have the giant sunflowers here in Kansas. Quite a sight to drive by a field and see the 5-8 feet tall plants with sunflowers a foot wide.
    IP

88 megs is just a bit too much for my slow dial up connection. I know I should get broadband, but I'm cheap.... . And it would probably tie me up to the computer even more. But I think I saw a trial version packaged in a disc giveaway on some computer magazines. Probably would have to go that route to try it out.
    Not really that hot to try it, though. I have enough programs on my computer to keep me happy. Ulead would probably have to come up with something more drastic to get me to upgrade though. If only they have a board like TG where developers drop by to interact with users...
    Foot wide sunflowers. Now that's something I've yet to see.
    Last edited by Grafixman; 19 April 2006 at 12:53 AM.
    IP