Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Default 39 Ford Coupe - Practice what I preach?

I'm tryin' Ron! Remember the Camero (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=20568) I posted a few weeks ago? Seems the client wanted an older vintage car in a 3/4 view. I saw the opening so I took my stab at what I was saying in an earlier post. I drew up this 3/4 view from oddball ref & different angles of 39 coups. I established a lighting approach & did my best to work it all out. I'm happy but a bit uncertain at the same time, if you catch my drift... Seems I have more questions than answers now regarding this puzzle of a car.

Funny, but it doesn't matter what the end product looks like. It always feels unfinished or that something's missing or not quite right here or there. There so much conjecture with this technique that it forces you to really see what's going on when you look at things - Light, shadows, tones & reflections . It's so easy to take it all for granted & not notice the cause & effect of why things look the way they do. Too much for this guy to swallow all at once, I tell you that. But Hey! Knowing this is half the battle. Once you reach this stage, you'll find yourself looking at things with a new eye for detail in this incredible world around us.

The point of of all this? If drawing makes you more aware when you observe, then your drawing exercises are working. So keep up the good work folks! Keep drawing & learning your craft. No More Stagnation!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39 Ford Coupe TGwW.jpg 
Views:	937 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	24833  
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Default Re: 39 Ford Coupe - Practice what I preach?

Most excellent! Those are some might huge rear tires!!!
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: 39 Ford Coupe - Practice what I preach?

wW,
    Beautiful caricature!!! You won't believe this, but as a kid, the 1940 Ford coupe was my favorite year Ford! Chevron tail lights were really cool.
    ron
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 12 April 2006 at 12:51 AM.