Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Free Work?

Default Free Work?

I wonder what is the general feeling of the forum members when someone amateur or professional, requests someone on the forum to make something for them (free) like a banner, or a logo or whatever. Is there a forum policy or is it up to an individual to help out. ...Norman.
    IP

Default Re: Free Work?

As far as I'm concerned I would think its up to the individual to make their own mind up as to whether to donate their services for free.
    I enjoy being paid, thats the best bit, but if you or anyone else feels they will forego that part thats their choice, its a matter of making a personal assesment as to if its a genuine appeal for help by someone or are they just trying it on to get something for nothing.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 07 April 2006 at 03:33 PM.
    IP

Just my opinion... not that I contribute a great deal because I'm one who is still very much in the learning stage... I think it's great when people help other people out and that's one reason I keep such an eye on these forums... I'm always learning from watching people help people. I think the difference comes when a person asks for a specific drawing or logo or whatever as opposed to simply asking for advice on a project the person is already attempting or asking about techniques. It's also sometimes hard to tell the motives... is the project for a profit, for fun, for learning or what?...

I for one would understand if people would shy away from giving too much 'help' to another person when it was plainly a project for profit. I think the individual's attitude would have a lot to do with it as well... and just how much information they are seeking. Like what was mentioned above about someone seeking 'something for nothing', if a person is always on here asking for others to do complete projects for him, I think he'd become unpopular in a hurry.

I remember just recently a post where an individual asked for a logo or something... his motive was unclear at first and people didn't respond. But when it became known that he was merely trying to do a thread for fun, people started responding and posting examples.

As for policy on this, I'd be interested to know as well...
    IP

Thank you both for your remarks I agree with both of you. I thought there would be more interest in the thread but it seems nobody is much bothered by it, so thanks again Masque and Craig Norman.
    IP

Diddo.
    ron
    IP

FWIW, I'm always happy to lend my PC 'skills' to a worthwhile cause.

Even given my own limitations in the design field, I can produce basic stuff and incorporating that into a web page is not a problem.

My salary doesn't come from my fun of using a PC to draw pictures, so I'm different to a few of the posters here!!

Dave
    IP