Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation HELP, uploaded but not on page

hi, iv updated my website and done a navbar with webstyle 4. when i look at a page it is NOT there but when i look in file manager all the bits that make the navbar up are present. help me plz. heres my site addy.
    http://www.geocities.com/angiescavies the next link is to a part of the menu to show you uploaded.
    http://www.geocities.com/angiescavies/menubar.gif

WHAT HAVE I MISSED

Default Re: HELP, uploaded but not on page

I saw these lines in your html source code:

src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="../../../../../DOCUME~1/LYNAM/LOCALS~1/Temp/WS3/menubar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="../../../../../DOCUME~1/LYNAM/LOCALS~1/Temp/WS3/menubar.gif" moduleid="Default (Project)\menubar_off.xws"*/</script>

I'm am unsure how you are ftping your project to the web, but it seems that the original document for your page appears to have a path for your menu files at a local address on your computer.

My guess on what happened is:

What you need to do when you make a web page is make one folder such as MYWEB(or whatever name) and make sure when you save the MENU information in WebStyle that this information goes into that folder called MYWEB(or whatever you name it.) Everything that is to be posted on the web should be under the same folder.

If you have more sophisticated programs like Dreamweaver, Frontpage or someother dedicated Web designer it shouldn't make a difference. But it's always better to be safe and use a single, dedicated folder.

To my view, this is what appears to have had happened.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 07 April 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Question Re: HELP, uploaded but not on page

I'm new to the forum and joined to see if anyone has a solution to the "Help, uploaded but not on page" request. I also have the same problem. I'm using Dreamweaver with Webstyle 4. The nav bar gets created and populates the attached pages and I can see it in the preview mode. When uploaded I can see the files on the server, but the nav bar doesn't appear. The code shows (like Snoops) it is referencing files on my hard drive, however I don't know how to cause it to relative reference in my web folder. The nav bar links were created with links to my web folder to start with.
    Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
    Wes