Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash problems

Default Re: Flash problems

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
    oops almost forgot.

An alternative would be make a drop down menu in Flash. Since a large majority of users/viewers have flash plug-ins, this might give you a broader compatibility.

Okay, I'm done for the nite.
    Hmm, I do not wish to make the drop-down menu in flash because I feel I would have wasted my Xara money. I hate when that happens.

But what will happen when flash overlays flash?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc
    I have no idea if this works, but this is what one person wrote about solving the problem:

... Flash, Java applets, and various form elements will *always* appear on top of everything. One option is to wrap a <div> around the offending Flash file, and set it's CSS style to "display:none" while the pop-out menu is onMouseOver, and set it back to "display:block" onMouseOut. note: This may be a possible work around for your drop down menus.
    OK, I am not too familiar with style sheets. What is the exact <div> code I need to put around my flash embed command? How do I do the onmouseout thing if the menu is being generated by Xara?

Hmmm, didn't think of that. I don't think I want to mess with Xara's coding specifications. Don't think they would appreciate at that.