Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Webstyle 4 starter probs

Hi,

I am trying to use a menu created in Xara for a redesign of our site, but it doesn't seem to listen to what I tell it to do... It might be Xara, it might be Dreamweaver, or it might just be me doing something stupid - and I am used to that .

Thing is I created a menu, then made a template with it and then added a link to one of the buttons. result: When the templated page comes up no menu is to be seen!!

I redid the template, checked with an "empty " page, had it working, added some stuff and all gone again...

It is all a test so I am not boring our visitors with it but it is making me loose the few hair I got left... I am not a well experienced webbuilder so expect to see lots of coding errors which I wouldn't know about...

So is it Xara, Dreamweaver or me?

Hawalook:

http://witchdom.com/new/index.html

The only "working" link would be Moonphases...

Any one? Please?

Later!!
    Rick

Default Re: Webstyle 4 starter probs

I took a look and under the Novice button, a drop down menu appears which asks several questions I assume will eventually be links.

What type of browser do you have?

Since it displays for me, you may have a security setting that will not allow the saving of certain things (cookies, activex, java, etc.) Also, try refreshing the page before you view it.

Nice, elegant design btw.

Default Re: Webstyle 4 starter probs

Thanks James!!
    I started out with a green stark - dead - design, and got burned by my wife, the main witch so to speak

The link I was getting grumpy about is on the sidebar , not the top. It is called moon phases and gets you to a page where you can view just that; but then all the menus have dissappeared. So it is not with the opening page I have the problem...
    Could you have another look?