Made this in PI.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ry-anim000.gif
    IP

Default Re: Filling in time..

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Cool!!!!!
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Very interesting. Synchronizing things like these is very difficult. Great work.
    I remember seeing something like this from one of the forums I visit. Can't remember where, but it is similar, only bigger, with lots of machineries and stuff. Even pixel people, I think...
    Long time since I've done any pixel artwork. This is another great idea from you, Kiwi. Maybe later?
    A quick Google search on blue ball machines turned up some interesting links. None of them animated, though, and certainly not the very well made one I remembered...
    http://www.coffeeandvarnish.com/imag...eballfixed.jpg
    http://www.core77.com/corehome/blue_ball_machine.gif
    But here is a BIG animated one:
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/
    Last edited by Grafixman; 01 April 2006 at 01:25 AM.
    IP

The last link above is the one that I saw a week or so ago that got me thinking.
    My little anim is made using vectors/paths (not pixel painting) and even though small, it seemed to take forever.

Unfortunately, I tried doing the same using Xara! (Far better!!)
    Now I'm finished another even bigger one but won't be putting it on any site because the more I look at it ... the more I want to add!

Maybe one day
    IP

I think the animation tools in PI are much better for a purpose like this, very clever, Kiwi, love it --- really! Tweening and animating along a path in a timeline is not available in Xara that I know of.

DRAW has R.A.V.E. and I have frankly never used it once. But you can do path animation in that .
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Inspired again by Kiwi. Here is a preview of a similar thing, done in PI8 and UGA5. It's still a work in progress, so I would probably add some more things later. Funny thing I noticed is that UGA has no mirror function for the objects, where you can mirror flip things vertically or horizontally. Also, copying and pasting objects from PI to UGA doesn't seem to preserve transparency...
    One nice thing, though is that objects can be moved around from frame to frame, so objects can be used again and again at different positions for different frames. No onion skin view, though, where you could overlap views of adjacent frames to check the relative positions. But hey, nothing's perfect...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballmachineWIP.gif 
Views:	260 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	24522  
    IP

Geesh GM!
    Another good one ... Love it
    Great idea of the rotating arms, I might try something similar as part of the big one thats very slowly growing in the bowels of my Xara animator
    Yep! I mean bowels as it's becoming a right s...t of a job concentrating on the hundreds of little parts
    To flip objects in UGA, you need to use the "Favorite Image Editor" button and take the particular frame back to PI where you can adjust it as you want and (save back to UGA directly).

Sally
    I've never used the animating features of PI, prefer to make my frames and objects in PI, save as ufo's, then open with uga and use the copy/paste function to complete it. More personal to me I spose

Xara doesn't have tweening but Ulead doesn't have blending
    IP

This is addictive...
    Another update. Slowly hacking away. No real theme though, just adding things and stuff.
    Yep, that's what I finally ended up doing, exporting in PI and sending it back to UGA. Pixel stuff can also be made in UGA alone. In fact, the pencil tool works better than in PI. You can paint on transparency on new or old objects, which you can't do in PI.
    How about a sneak peek on your project, Kiwi? Still pics are OK, as I imagine turning vector artwork to gif animation would be a big task. Me, I work mostly in UGA, so previewing and exporting this is easy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballmachineWIP2.gif 
Views:	233 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	24530  
    IP

You guys could make an animation showing the movement of blood through the heart and lungs and how the blood is getting oxygenated.

Or one of how progress moves through the wheels of goverment and it all comes out costing a fortune for the Bandini you could collect for free from your cat or dog. Now that would be making a political statement.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

hahahahahahahahaha

These animations are mind boggling great!!!!!!!!!!
    -=Bob=-
    IP