Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Argument for using layers gallery

Hi All,
    Glad you liked the Mini which was fairly easy to do but it is when I have to mix content i struggle. Everyone knows what happen last year in Lodon on the 7th July when bombers struck London transport on both the buses and the underground. In Gray's transport artist show I tried to combine mixed images to give a feeling how i felt and i hoped how other people felt and the image herei s my interpretation of it however Gary did not think it suitable for that collection of drawings and I think he was right but I thought but I thought it was to do it at the time for the show.

Many bits of the drawing are not right but it conveyed my emotions at the time. The arm and hand of the burned lady at at the front is not right. The use of blue is not right, but i would still struggle today to change the colour, the background does not suit the figures at the front. Maybe if the background and the foreground were shades of the same colour it may have worked better but i do not think I will change them at the moment. The drawing was just done to give support or express my emotions at the time and was only done for this forum I did not think to post it anywhere else.

To get back onto to the theme of this topic the bus was traced from a picture from the net as was the tube train, the people was my interpretation of the picture that was shown in every newspaper in the UK of a bystander taking care of a woman that was brought out from the explosions in the underground andd was giving a helping hand. Each part of the picture was done on a layer and as some went over the drawing area "ClipView" was applied which destoys the layers. I know this comment should go into the Xara forum but I wish when applying "ClipView" that it did not destroy layers that you have taken time over. Well it is only a wish!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July_7.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	24689  
    Last edited by Albacore; 06 April 2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,
    Quite moving.
    ron

You have captured your feelings very well. It was a sad day. It is a good drawing.
    -=Bob=-

As a complete n00bie to Xtreme, I'd absolutely love to see a good, clear, step by step Tutorial for doing a car, anywhere remotely as good as Ron's.

Anyone know of any? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sliique
    As a complete n00bie to Xtreme, I'd absolutely love to see a good, clear, step by step Tutorial for doing a car, anywhere remotely as good as Ron's.

Anyone know of any? Thanks.
    There is a short tutorial from Ron, which explains how Ron works.

Regards,
    Remi