Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Translations

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Re: Translations

Nobody is doing a Norwegian translation as far as I know, so feel free to start.

As far as the French translation work is concerned, it looks like there are 3 of you already working on it which is great!

We can't provide direct subversion access to everyone, so please can you submit your partially translated po files to the dev mail list. Find out how to subscribe to and email that mail list by going to www.xaraxtreme.org/community/. But first can you all check you're happy with our contributor agreement at www.xaraxtreme.org/contributor_agreement.html. The developers we've heard from so far don't seem to have any problems with it so hopefully you guys will be ok with it too. Then we'll be able to include your po file in the offical distribution of Xara LX.

As soon as you email in a po file (and as long as everyone that’s contributed to it has signed the agreement!) I'll check it into svn - so that's now the best way for you to share the work between multiple translators.

I'll look into how we can build and distribute these translated files with the main LX distribution so anyone downloading and trying it can try the French version.

I’ve just updated the translation process description at http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers...nslations.html

Thanks

Neil
    IP

Thanks !

Btw, I don't know if it's a bug, but almost all strings containing an '&' is duplicate : the first one contains '&', the second one '&'...It's quite annoying, and could maybe introduce divergent translations for the same message...
    Last edited by Skadge; 03 April 2006 at 10:52 PM.
    IP

Can you give me an example of a string that's duplicated please?

There has just been an important change made to the message file. The problem with menu text (see bugzilla.xara.com/show_bug.cgi?id=906) has been fixed, but this required a change to the po file. In the po file you'll now see that menu strings are preceded by "&" instead of "&amp".

Please can you all download a new po file from www.xaraxtreme.org/downloads/XaraLX.po and merge with your translated versions. Then you will be able to translate menu text too.

Thanks

Neil
    IP

Some sample strings :
    New >/New > (lines 11267 & 11273)
    O&verlay/O&verlay (lines 11610 & 11613)
    Outer &margin/Outer &margin (lines 11798 & 11801)
    &Defaults/&ampefaults (lines 641 & 1232)

and... What's the best way to merge the 2 po files ?
    IP

I've shortly looked arround about translation process, and I think it would be easier if you could post the new .pot file to automaticaly update the current (already partially translated) .po file thanks poEdit.
    IP

Hello,

Rosetta is an online tool developped by the ubuntu team to help translating opensource softwares :
    https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta

What about using it to simplify the translation work for XaraXL ?

P.S. : I'd be pleased to take part in the french translation ! :-)
    Last edited by Psycoach; 06 April 2006 at 07:32 AM.
    IP

Yes ! I used it once, it's nice. Neil, could you have a look at it ?
    IP

I've created a new product page for Xtreme on Launchpad.

https://launchpad.net/products/xtremelx

I'll uplaod the .pot file + the current french .po file as soon as possible.
    IP

Please do it asap.

The only thing I've translated for Xara 'til now is their presentation for the Linuxgraphics exhibition.

Theit soft is great.

I can't wait to be able to use it without having to boot windows to run it.
    IP

Ok, I'll look at that tool.

Just to confirm - you want us to automatically publish the lastest .pot file as well as the po file. Is that correct? If so I'll update the build to do this next week. I'm away for the next few days.

Thanks

Neil
    IP