Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist?

Default Re: Artist?

Norman,
    You're quite good with caricatures!
    ron
    IP

Norm, did you draw that soldier??? If so, you did a GREAT JOB!!!!!
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Yes Bob I originally drew it with DPaintII. I accompany this with another oldie..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kerplunker_Maker.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	24560  
    IP

hahahahaha, MOST EXCELLENT! kind of along the same theme as kiwi and graphicsman are doing animations of right now.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Thanks Ron , my latest effort just evolved from drawing 3 random shapes which I did not have to change, I just filled them up with colour and detail. and lo and behold that funny wee man appeared.
    IP

Yes Bob, thats what brought it to my mind I drew the character wondered what to do with him, reduced him in size and made him a kerplunker maker, it evolved from an old joke about this person who joined the navy on an aircraft carrier and to get out of duties he claimed to be a Kerplunker maker the officers so as not to show their ignorance asked him to make a kerplunker.So with a special workshop locked doors and all that , special priviledges, he eventually, after putting them off for several months the great day arrived he produced this Heath Robinson (eccentric english inventor) machine. It was brought up to the main deck with the flight lift, marine bands playing , flags flying .Then with a grinding of gears, tummity tum tummity tum , a little steel ballbearing rose out of the machine rolled down a channel dropped to the deck and rolled about 100 feet to the end of the carrier where it dropped into the ocean and went KERPLUNK!!!!!. so know you know.
    IP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's great!!! Tell us some more stories, Uncle Norman, I'll keep the campfire going.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Interestingly I had just finished drawing the following draft logo when I checked the list and saw the "Sergeant-Major" cartoon. Spooky or what?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	major_draft7.gif 
Views:	348 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	24568  
    "Communication is everything"
    IP

Very good Simon, may I point out your officer has 3 pips denoting a Captain a Major has a crown only. I like the hat.

......Norman
    IP

Haha... Kerplunker. Very interesting drawing and story. I did a Google search for kerplunker and was rewarded with two pictures of a girl and one small thumbnail of a guy sitting on a latrine reading ... I guess that's the easier way to make kerplunkers...
    IP