Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stewart

1 100.00%

Thread: 3d4 and Xara X

After a long.....long.....long....wait, expectantly, I have finally got myself XARA X and was looking forward to importing/exporting to 3d4 for rendering this and that, but, now I've got it i can't do what I want to do.

I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. All I get is a box regardless of what i do; i've red the posts you've had before but the information wasnt much help because i can't redo the file from scratch in x. Is there anyway I xcan convert the image?

I know I need to convert tha background colour, which is probably white, to a transparency, but can't find how. As you might gather I'm a new user of XARAX and I have paid for it, LOL!

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont yet have my cd for x yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devalogo.gif 
Views:	524 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	6822  
    IP

After a long.....long.....long....wait, expectantly, I have finally got myself XARA X and was looking forward to importing/exporting to 3d4 for rendering this and that, but, now I've got it i can't do what I want to do.

I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. All I get is a box regardless of what i do; i've red the posts you've had before but the information wasnt much help because i can't redo the file from scratch in x. Is there anyway I xcan convert the image?

I know I need to convert tha background colour, which is probably white, to a transparency, but can't find how. As you might gather I'm a new user of XARAX and I have paid for it, LOL!

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont yet have my cd for x yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Stewart
    "I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. "
    I'm not sure what you are endevouring to do here. You want to convert a bitmap logo? Is this a scanned image or a vector drawing ? If you could be more specific on what your trying to do I'm sure you'd get the help you require
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Stewart
    I have downloaded your image and traced it in Xara X and imported it into Xara 3D4. Is this the type of effect your after
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arms.gif 
Views:	450 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	18553  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Egg,

Thanks a lot for that, becaue is shows it can be done, LOL

Thats just about what i was after. My problem 'seemed' to be in the tracer programme of xarax, which I dont think is nearly as good as corel draw in terms of control, and thats a very old version of draw. As I said, I'm a new user of xara and havent quite got it yet.

The graphic was a scanned image BTW, from photoshop. I'll keep plugging away and keep telling myself its a new programme and needs time.

Regards
    Stewart
    IP