Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stewart

1 100.00%

Thread: 3d4 and Xara X

After a long.....long.....long....wait, expectantly, I have finally got myself XARA X and was looking forward to importing/exporting to 3d4 for rendering this and that, but, now I've got it i can't do what I want to do.

I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. All I get is a box regardless of what i do; i've red the posts you've had before but the information wasnt much help because i can't redo the file from scratch in x. Is there anyway I xcan convert the image?

I know I need to convert tha background colour, which is probably white, to a transparency, but can't find how. As you might gather I'm a new user of XARAX and I have paid for it, LOL!

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont yet have my cd for x yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devalogo.gif 
Views:	526 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	6822  
    IP

After a long.....long.....long....wait, expectantly, I have finally got myself XARA X and was looking forward to importing/exporting to 3d4 for rendering this and that, but, now I've got it i can't do what I want to do.

I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. All I get is a box regardless of what i do; i've red the posts you've had before but the information wasnt much help because i can't redo the file from scratch in x. Is there anyway I xcan convert the image?

I know I need to convert tha background colour, which is probably white, to a transparency, but can't find how. As you might gather I'm a new user of XARAX and I have paid for it, LOL!

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont yet have my cd for x yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Stewart
    "I want to convert a bitmap logo, or a few even, and import them into 3d4. "
    I'm not sure what you are endevouring to do here. You want to convert a bitmap logo? Is this a scanned image or a vector drawing ? If you could be more specific on what your trying to do I'm sure you'd get the help you require
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Stewart
    I have downloaded your image and traced it in Xara X and imported it into Xara 3D4. Is this the type of effect your after
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arms.gif 
Views:	452 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	18553  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Egg,

Thanks a lot for that, becaue is shows it can be done, LOL

Thats just about what i was after. My problem 'seemed' to be in the tracer programme of xarax, which I dont think is nearly as good as corel draw in terms of control, and thats a very old version of draw. As I said, I'm a new user of xara and havent quite got it yet.

The graphic was a scanned image BTW, from photoshop. I'll keep plugging away and keep telling myself its a new programme and needs time.

Regards
    Stewart
    IP