Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: It's jerky!!!!

Default It's jerky!!!!

I started working on this pic today and all of a sudden things are jerky as can be. Nothing is accurate anymore. I can't even draw a line and have it go where I want it to - it's offset for some reason.
    Opening any other drawing of mine and playing with them - they are smooth as silk.
    I cleaned the registry, defragged my memory, cleaned all caches, ETC., and even completely shut down the computer and turned it back on after a few minutes --- and that file is STILL acting really weird.
    PLEASE tell me it's not corrupt and I lost the whole thing - the back up file is the same way.

Here's the file - I am drawing the stereo camera that goes with the stereo viewer I drew earlier.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: It's jerky!!!!

I downloaded it and the file was blank. Came back here and tried to download again and it told me the file 'was being written to'. Wierd as Xara was closed. Downloaded under a new name and it loaded OK.

Worked OK.
    I added to elements at the bottom. No problem. Saved it and here is it! Hopefully this will work for ytou.

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's still the same. It's not jerky over there for you? Try moving something around...
    -=Bob=-

It's ok with me Bob. I tried moving all the elements no jerking at all seems to me ok. look forward to the finished article..

Norman

Bob, do you always use snap to grid? The grid isn't displayed in your drawing, but the snap to grid is active. This can cause your cursor to jitter as it comes close to a hidden grid point. Check your grid spacing if you want to snap to grid.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Just thought of something, are you using a graphics pad but also your mouse if the pen and mouse are near each other keep them away from each other cause that causes jerkiness. in fact check to see if there is any wireless tool about mebbe even the camera you are drawing. n.

BILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! WILLIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my middle name!)
    You are a lifesaver!!!!!! It works smoothly again after I turned that off.

I haven't used that snap to grid in weeks.

I have NO IDEA how it came on but as soon as I turned it off everything was smooth as a baby's butt (so to speak).
    hahahahahahahahaha
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!@

There was NO WAY I was going to start that drawing all over again.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if there's a key combo to turn on snap to grid that i accidentally pushed...

ah hah! the decimal point/period on the number bar
    i bet i pushed it

i have learned - thank you guys again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Bob

The numeric key pad decimal place button toggles the snap to grid option. The # button toggles the grids visibility.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	334 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	24250  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I just finished working on a drawing of one of my tools. Towards the end, things started getting "jerky" again and it seemed like there was a drain somewhere.
    I cleaned caches, used perfectdisk, and it was still the same.
    Then I remembered this snap to grid thing (thanks again, Bill).
    I looked, and sure enough it was checked.
    I did NOT check it at all during this entire drawing and I did NOT press the "." on the numeric keypad.
    Is it possible some other combination could cause this snap to grid to come on???
    (I don't have it set to be on with a NEW drawing as default.)