Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Style Making

Default Style Making

With all the choices available for designs for the webstyle menu maker and many of them requiring the purchase of a style pack.

Is there any way to make your own style?
    Is there a "how to" online somewhere?
    Is there a website for sharing these styles?

Cool Re: Style Making

I would like to see an answer to this question also.
    Having to modify a template is ok if there is a way to modify the theme " the heading background".
    The posts on this forum wich say that webstyle is for inspiration and only for novices does not make me feel like I have made a good investment in this product.
    There are also contridicting posts on wether to start with webstyle or frontpage.

I have not had any luck getting the scripts to run when publishing in frontpage.

Help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
    I am using frontpage locally and hosting on linux servers.
    mglenn@cs-kc.com
    Last edited by mglenn; 24 March 2006 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: Style Making

To answer these:

Is there any way to make your own style? Unfortunately not; this is something that has been requested often; there are rumours of a new release in the pipeline (not next week/month) and perhaps it will cover it.

So no...

Is there a "how to" online somewhere? This is referred to in a recent post:
    http://www.website-development-train...es-and-fp2003/

The webpage builder side of WS is really best for sites of say, upto 5 pages. Anything larger and you would be better DESIGNING the site in WS, and then incorporating the bits in FrontPage, Dreamwaver, NVU, a text editor or your tool of choice.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Default Re: Style Making

Quote Originally Posted by stlewis
    To answer these:

Is there any way to make your own style? Unfortunately not; this is something that has been requested often; there are rumours of a new release in the pipeline (not next week/month) and perhaps it will cover it.

So no...

Is there a "how to" online somewhere? This is referred to in a recent post:
    http://www.website-development-train...es-and-fp2003/

The webpage builder side of WS is really best for sites of say, upto 5 pages. Anything larger and you would be better DESIGNING the site in WS, and then incorporating the bits in FrontPage, Dreamwaver, NVU, a text editor or your tool of choice.
    RE: Stlewis, Thanks for posting the CSS link.
    I think the confusion comes in at the point of knowing which application to have control different factors.

I don't see any reason you couldn't copy and recreate any part of a theme as long as you name the edited component by the same name as the origonal " as it is named in the theme set"
    Example; edit Elements_page5_topstrip to look like whatever you like as long as it is the same file type and size it should work.