Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Please Reboot" never goes away

Has anyone had this problem? I've reinstalled on my new system and despite everything, it says, "You will need to reboot before you can use all the features of Webstyle 4" if I click on the "upgrade" button or try to do anything productive.

I've rebooted and rebooted, searched the registry for a reboot flag, even checked the installation directory for something that might give me a clue. I could also not find anything in the BOOT.INI or anything else with MSCONFIG.

I'm running Norton Anti-Virus and Webroot Spy Sweeper. I've checked Webroot and it's not holding anything in quarentine.

I'm totally confused and haven't received a reply from Xara yet. Has anyone had this problem too?

Default Re: "Please Reboot" never goes away

Hi there!

I moved house and had this message so waited until I came to new house, took off the old put on the new and guess what - MXSNL4 is not installed properly and please reboot! The reboot does not go away for sure. I downloaded the suggested 'fix' but it kept freezing on my computer so could not instal - also had no idea where to instal it any way as was offered a browse panel - I am not a tekkie and had not a clue where to put it but as the 'fix' kept freezing and a 'non-responsive' panel from Microsoft kept appearing - send report - I ended up very frustrated. My program also worked perfectly until the new XP updates were downloaded.......

Help too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klingbeil
    Has anyone had this problem? I've reinstalled on my new system and despite everything, it says, "You will need to reboot before you can use all the features of Webstyle 4" if I click on the "upgrade" button or try to do anything productive.
    I have this problem as well , I click off the warning and the program works as normal. This started when I installed the program in my new XP computer. I looked at the properties of the exe file and under compatability it said if you are having problems with the program etc, (you can read this for yourself) not that it helped me but you may have better luck. When I did as requested it came up with an error report to send to Microsoft (another waste of time.) So I went back over to properties and reticked where necessary to get back to where I started. Still frustrated, although not too important as my website is up and running. One wonders if the High Heid Yins at Xara ever check this forum or maybe we are not reporting faults to the proper place, in fact is there a way apart from expensive phone calls to contact Xara like an e-mail . Hoots Mon! sae nae mair Norman.

Smile Re: "Please Reboot" never goes away

Hi again!

I emailed Xara and they responded by sending two links, with download and this has solved the problem. I installed the one from Microsoft, a different one from the one that kept freezing my computer. The URL is

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi

and this solved the problem on my computer as I was able to access the software immediately after downloading : )

Quote Originally Posted by netdragon
    Hi again!

I emailed Xara and they responded by sending two links, with download and this has solved the problem. I installed the one from Microsoft, a different one from the one that kept freezing my computer. The URL is

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi

and this solved the problem on my computer as I was able to access the software immediately after downloading : )
    Thank you I downloaded the "fix" installed it but it made no difference. Question does it have to be installed in the Webstyle folder or just allow the installer to install itself?....Norman