Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Default Re: a life on the ocean waves

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    At least I managed not to sink the boat this time......frank
    We have a saying here Frank. "Push the boat out" meaning buy the first round of drinks---Well! you really pushed the boat out there. ha ha ha
    ......Norman.

Well, if your waiting for me to pick up the tab I'll probably be an artist before that happens, and hell will freeze over before I even come close to being artistic so I hope you don't mind being dry. Did you notice how green my picture was? Everything was recycled, even the bottle. At least this kid has a green, opps, clean conscience......frank
    p.s........hope you enjoyed the anchor on the silly old man thread......
    .............frank

Norm, this doesn't look good, I mean this really does not look good. Boat, water, Frank......definitly not a good combination with my existing record of ship sinkings. Oh dear, all we can do is hope......frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldwithwater.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	26703  
    .............frank

Frank.....It's all that compressed air keeping the ship afloat.

Hi Norm
    It's all that compressed air keeping the ship afloat.
    No, I don't think so, it's just I haven't got my hands on Bob's tools lately, wait till I try to repair it.
    Hope you don't mind my playing with your drawings (by the way, the old sailing ship is fantastic) but the way I see it, those who can...do; those who can't...teach.......and then there's me looking for Popeye's muse or muses or museye, whatever.
    I was on the other thread and saw the old fire truck. Remove the American flags and put on this years plates and you know what we work with. Actually, we're pretty well equiped but we do still have a 1956, yes..."56" dodge that is still in working order and is used for brush fires (expendable I guess).......As for that old fire truck, I used to see those when I was a kid. I remember going to parades with the parents and they had these old wooden spoke fire trucks with the axel offset to make it wobble like hell with a bunch of clowns running around it. Since I'm not old this must have been recently, eh!, and keep the sarcastic remarks to yourself with this one.

By the way, there was an article in the local paper about someone drowning at the Mac Norm's 5 star whisky bottling plant. It says they managed to rescue him 3 times but he just kept jumping back in. According to the article it took a week to get the smile off his face...........frank
    .............frank

hahahahahahahahaha
    -=Bob=-

I like it Frank. No I have no objection to you using my pictures, in fact honoured that anyone is interested, so do as you wish but have a look at the post from Anthony about the swelling database.Bob is to go in front of the firing squad, he may have to collect all his tools and put them back in the attic and I will have to mothball all my ships. I don't mind they have served their purpose.

I saw the thread this morning but be careful how you interpet it. This forum is a place to seek help, give advice and see other peoples art work. If, one day, you can't post pictures I am sure they will loose almost all the members. I think Anthony just wants you to be careful with the size of the picture and the file size. You can post a picture at a given size or you can post the same picture 10 times as large but for us viewing it, there is no difference, you will only see the difference if you print it. Myself, I save all files as jpg because they always seem to be smaller, and when saving I always choose 500 pixels wide. The only big thing on the above boat is it's ankhor which is dedicated to Popeye
    .............frank

Norm that ship you 'designed' is incredible!! and I'm using your translation "bye the noos" all the time now in my emails

seabird....greetings!!! (but must admit you've left me a wee bit confused since last reading your note . this is absolutely no harm, tho )
    nance

thanks Nance. Here is another treatment bump mapped Esperaza. will readjust size and upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esperanza4.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	26814  
    Last edited by parahandy; 16 June 2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: just realised picture oversized