Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: a life on the ocean waves

Very impressive Norm. Here's one I did a few years back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	25613  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice job both of you!!! Love the perspective of the vikings ship. Egg, the main body of your ship is giving me optical illusions - one second it looks like it's inside out and the next it's back to normal.
    -=Bob=-

gosh very nice guys! apparantly each ship has a standard of its own. what I saw was exactly like this except for one major detail I won't mention. and the ropes/lines or whatever those are called had a difference too.

now here's a very nonengineer person question...how did they get the wood beams of the hull to bend like that?

yes--the part of Seattle area I was in was a necessary port stop if that's was you mean by duty call, Norm. did take mom for a ferry ride tho (my first) which we enjoyed very much--lots of BIG ships in the sound and one day full of weekend sailboats. beautiful there
    nance

Nance
    I would imagine that as far as practicle the timber would have been cut to match the required shape. Beyond this, the wood would have been steamed for several hours. It then becomes quite pliable and will bend to a given shape without splitting and retain the shape on 'drying'.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg. did really have it stuck in my head that the wood was heated-- I don't know maybe something about the birch canoues being burned out??...but then that's a 'boat' of a different stripe

Nance

No steam here
    Egg

i not post early but i saw the ships and all the ships look good i like more the "Dragon Ship" i love the dragon ship (make me remember Age of Empires 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy.
    i not post early but i saw the ships and all the ships look good i like more the "Dragon Ship" i love the dragon ship (make me remember Age of Empires 2)

***** Norman.

Norm, you must have had your medical procedure cause I don't see you around here. God's blessings.
    -=Bob=-

Thank you Norman.

Bob: maybe he is making an awsome ship and he´s very busy.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.