Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: a life on the ocean waves

Are Seagulls in season this time of year??????????
    -=Bob=-

I remember reading a bumber sticker many, many years ago.
    Help fight pollution, eat a pigeon for lunch.
    The thing about Seagulls is that they are beautiful, very graceful and they eat garbage. Need I say more? Yeah, they're in season and they're great with fries. Bonne appétit.
    .............frank

Seagull: "One of the members signature is "take it once is plagarism, take it twice is research". Post your xara file so I can research it please."

Research to your heart's content. File enclosed (500 kb).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Chuckpa.....thank you, thank you and thank you. Now, lets see the Drifter and Parahandy critize my new boat (actually your boat but I've researched it now) By the way, excellent seagull there. Obviously you are a person of extraodinaire tastes as are the boydes themselves, especially with the fries. Up here we call them North Shore chickens.

Just edited this to add a bit more. I am trying to analize your picture but it is really heavy in this old tin box of mine. I dragged the seagull to one side and the whole boat dissappered for 5 seconds. Everytime I do something, same effect......maybe time to reboot but to close to bed time. I was trying to figure out why the clip view on some of the sails but now I understand. I probably would have cloned the sail and used a linear fill and and transparency, but I am beginning to understand what you have done. This is the advantage of posting a xara file when you've done something really, really good. By the way, the water is fantastic. I tried to play with it also but the computer started having a nervous breakdown so I think not, at least not tonight. Thanks again for posting this and I'll try and look at it again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Seagull; 23 May 2006 at 02:47 AM.
    .............frank

If you have a massive drawing that bogs your computer put it in outline form, then ungroup it. If the drawing is in layers, copy the layers to separate xar files and take a looksee there.

Layers are power, use them wisely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Jamesmc. I have used this option once or twice but did not think of it. I guess that's why your a senior member.....either that or your just old. But it is a very, very heavy drawing for my computer. The time, the patience require to create it must have been enormous. Where Drifter goes for realisme, this is more along the lines of a painting and is extreamly well executed, and best of all, unconciously it was dedicated to me. See, that's me flying just off to the left and the spasm floating in the water, I guess thats the Drifter and I maybe the cabinboy doing the handyman jobs on the the boat could be Parahandy. We're all there except for you and Chuckpa.......go figure.......

Jeeze, I'm always posting these things and then pulling them back to make an edit. I have just pull apart the clouds and I have never thought of doing it that way, so again thanks Chuckkpa. I just promoted you to two K's for the good work. I have always made my clouds using the fill tool but I think your method is far superiour, letting you fade out the clouds. Either that or I can use my new Xenofex "little fluffly cloud" plugin...heh..heh
    (FYI) ha ha is funny.....heh..heh is mean, smug, bragging cause I got the plugins
    Last edited by Seagull; 23 May 2006 at 01:42 PM.
    .............frank

crew wanted to man or woman all these ships. apply for a berth to the skipper. parahandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parahandy3.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	25905  
    Last edited by parahandy; 23 May 2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: One or two discrepancies

does your wife know you're asking for women to apply for berth with you??????
    -=Bob=-

Ithought the phrase would produce a reply like that Bob. Now off to bed again goodnight old son.
    Norman.

G'night, cap'n!!!!
    -=Bob=-