Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I don't seem to be able to snap to a grid point. Object snapping seems to work. X1c

I didn't make any changes to the snap radius. I am not able to start a line at a grid point.

Rich

I don't seem to be able to snap to a grid point. Object snapping seems to work. X1c

I didn't make any changes to the snap radius. I am not able to start a line at a grid point.

Rich

Hi Rich,

check your snap to grid and grid dimensions. There was some talk about this a couple months back. Didn't pay too much attention then, I do not use the grid very often.

Rich
    It's a feature I rarely use, but if I remember correctly, if you have the snap option set too low it dosen't work at all. Do a search on 'grid'.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Rich

Are your setting similar to these in the Page Options > Mouse tabbed section?

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap_radius.gif 
Views:	254 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	10158  

Rich, see the second half of my post from May: http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...0706#997100706

Thanks for the replys. I still haven't gotten satisfactory results. I am going to controll the variables better to see if I can find a solution. It seems to be more of a problem with lines. They snap, but not to a grid point. At leasy, not the point I want. Rich

Rich, check to see if your Major Spacing and Number of Subdivisions values are the same. If so, lower Number of Subdivisions. In my example, I'd lower it to 10 or 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GridSnap.gif 
Views:	247 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	9019  

Thanks Al,

I have been trying reduced the subdivisions. In addition, I tried using a narrow lines during the construction. I was using .1 pt. I was successful in getting the line ends to snap to the grid point. Resizing the lines afterwards seemed to be fine. Rich

hi Rich,

Are you aware snap to grid/snap to guides moves the line to be centered on the grid/guide? When you mentioned about using .1 pt lines then making them larger it reminded me of the difficulty I had getting an outlined object to be exactly 8&frac12X11.