Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Egg,

nice little coloring book there Egg.

(PS... in the States it is called an eraser. A rubber is a contraceptive device... and you had some small rubbers... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif)
    John/DOT

Ah! The old 'Rubber Johnies'.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

years ago I've developed a zoom & pan tool for flash with flash 4 for promotional objects. the icing on the cake is the self executable which allows the flash movie to run on your desktop without any flash player or flash installed. ok, for this particular object I've used bitmaps, but the effect is great. I've coded it that way that I can substitute the bitmap with a vector graphic, add images etc with a snap. a real 'cool tool' ;-}

if you click 'zoom in', the movie stops. you don't need to zoom out, just click the forward button and it zooms out automatically and forwards to the next picture.

The Cliffs

size is 743 k, dl with a modem 2 minutes.

enjoy ;-}
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Egg:

Great Flash pan and zoom feature. Can you share the FLA file, or post a location for the files used to make this tool?

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Jens,

thanks... I will have to play with this.
    John/DOT

Egg ... nice Zoomer. I can think of several applications for this ... (Light bulbs going off). Your coloring book is great too! Hope you don't mind me showing it to my grandchildren this weekend.

Jens ... I like the self-executable aspect of your "Cliffs". This would be a nice marketing tool for manufacturers to showcase their products.

Hi Folks
    Sorry for the delay in answering. Great use of the Flash.exe file Jens. I'm thinking of doing a similar project shortly as a DVD. Never done a DVD before, but I'll let you know how I get on.
    Chuck, I've attached the FLA file.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Explanation for use of the above FLA file:
    To import the vector or bitmap you want to apply the scaling too, open the Library, select TARGET and select edit. Import your Xara swf file at 100 pixels wide or high, which ever is the greater. Delete the original layer (ie the butterfly). This should now function correctly.
    Egg
    Egg

Egg:

Thank you very much for posting the zoom flash file. I'm going to play around with it this weekend.

Egg:

I couldn't open the zoom3.fla file in Flash 5. Did you create the file in Flash MX?