Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Steam Machine...

Well, we did a bit of upholstery today, not much, but just enough to give gman a better perspective

Still have to model in some foot thingies, bla bla... it will eat coal, blow smoke, and...the guy will stand between the coal pile and the firebox, we have to fashion some sort of hearth/plating...

still need that big honking flywheel, or something...

(can't give it all away... Liam is in the same contest... )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steammachinetg4.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	24188  

LoL. I won't look...umm...I swear.

haha... you are too fun

Ok, here's a quick coloring job done in Carrara S2... just to see how thing will look...

A ton of parts and pieces to go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steammachinetg5rndr.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	24194  

Is that ever cool! Where can we buy one so we can stop paying outrageous gas prices??? I know it runs on coal or wood, but I'm hoping, since we have 4 dogs, that dried manure might also fuel that lil' puppy.
    Then it's free sailin' - just don't drive too close behind me with the top down or the windows open!!!!
    -=Bob=-

That's real cool for a steamer. Did I say cool?. in my day cool meant cool now it means well! what does it mean? Keep steaming. I may need a new steam engine for my next project on another thread, meantime I am still on sail power. Norman.

Had to register just to take a peek at what you and Liam were doing over there. Great progress, guys. Some tough competition, though... .
    Lurking and learning. Great learning environment over there. Another forum to add to my daily haunt....

Hi guys... thanx

Yea, dog power, sail power, they are all really cool alternative travel options for sure Sail, mush, or xtrude on...

Yea, it's a pretty decent site gman... There are some very good modeling types there, and, various product faithfuls as per usual, hired guns etc... I mean what an interesting enviroment for sure... hehe...

and yea, some stiff competition will still be coming on board daily, I expect... some wait, then bam... holy cow... ultra wild and pure poetic mesh hit's the threads in all directions, and it's a model off like non other before it, or so it will feel to the participants of this contest, I can tell you that... I mean you can feel it in the air... the anticipation of viewing such entries is killing me, and keeping the wheels going at the same time... hehe, this time we will be prepared...