Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drawings of some tools...

Oh, oh.....this thread seems to be falling behind and I certainly don't want it to dissappear so I'm bringing it back to the top. I haven't got anything worth posting but I'll include this small image I made a few months ago for the scbafs at our fire hall (self contained breathing apperatus (or in plain english the yellow air tanks we wear on our backs) filling station... It's not a tool and since I don't have Bob's skill and talent, so I just took a picture and then drew on top of it.....in otherwords I cheated. The chrome.....again I cheated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AirPressureGauge.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	26001  
    .............frank
    IP

Frank,

That's an excellent SCBA gauge drawing. What does suprise me though is there is no graphical representation of tank capacity. Is this standard?

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	250 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	26012  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Yours is much prettier Egg, but nope, we don't have anything like that. On the fire trucks, on the air tanks and on the filling station, all are just plain white. On the trucks it's for water pressure and on the tanks it for air pressure, but they're all basically the same plain white gauges filled with oil for stability. If we do decide to fill our air tanks into your green level, than say a prayer for us because we will all be dead 1/2 way through the yellow since our personal air tanks are rated at 2216 psi which is where I put the gauge needle. I drew this and posted it on the filling station since it seems I am not the only one with bad eyesight.
    .............frank
    IP

Nice drawings guys!!!!! Keep it up!
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Hi Frank,

The only reason I asked is that all the SCBA sets I ever used had these graphical indicators (very useful in a smoke filled atmosphere)

I would never suggest what the maximum pressures per tank is (my memories not that long), we just had a compressor that refilled the tank to a maximum level.

It just struck me as strange that in a visible challenged environment you had a plain dial.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

He cannot help having a plain dial Egg, it's all those seagulls he eats.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Hi Frank,

The only reason I asked is that all the SCBA sets I ever used had these graphical indicators (very useful in a smoke filled atmosphere)
    What you were used to is not a bad idea but remember, we are not on the same continent, so were dealing with different regulations and standards, we don't even drive on the same side of the road. The exploding was just pulling your leg, but it is also a very real possibility since we use the compress to fill large cascade tanks to 4000 psi and then use these to fill the scba to 2216. The particular guage I drew is most important since this is the once that is connected to the regulator on the filling station. The imput side can be up to 4500 psi and we have to adjust to 2216......or where the needle is. In our case, this is very important or else it can and will explode. That's why the filling station. It's just a big blue box about 4' x 4' by 6' high where we stick the scba tanks in while filling them. If they do explode it will save our lives. I've seen a picture of a fire truck (from the states if I remember right) where a tank in a side compartment blew up while enroute to a fire. Took the whole side of the truck off. The only reason I drew the gauge was several people were reading the gauge wrong and over filling the tanks by 150 psi which is a no no.

With all your knowledge and talent, don't tell me you were also a volunteer firefighter too. By the way, for the last three or four years, whenever I talk to people about xara, two examples I always showed and show them still is the pocketwatch with the small man cranking it and your tutorial on the beer glass. I even tried drawing the glass once but unfortunatly, if I remember right, it looked less like a glass and more like.....well, never mind, needless to say you would never have recognized it. I am very glad to have had the chance to communicate with you. Long live this great forum!
    .............frank
    IP

My hedge trimmer (useful in scary movies too)...

Name:	hedge trimmer.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	26064  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=-
    My hedge trimmer (useful in scary movies too)...
    That one looks marvelous. And in scary movies
    it is a chainsaw, not a hedgetrimmer
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Excellent work on the hedge trimmer!

Hey, come sharpen the blades on my hedge trimmer or at least draw a sharpner.

They got dulled up last halloween when...er....

I mean that last hedge I trimmed.
    IP