Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy CorelDraw x3 Color

hi every1, i am new with coreldraw and i just created a logo with it but i want to make it real like with real true color as the coreldraw x3 logo. Can someone tell me how to do it please ? i looked under help/how to but couldn't find an answer.

Thank you very much for your helps
    IP

Default Re: CorelDraw x3 Color

You should try using both DRAW and PhotoPaint. The Chamelion is not all drawing but part photography. Of course, the colors were altered to make him more interesting. His hands are not symmetrical. How did they miss that one?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thank you very much Sally, i wil try do that, wish me good luck, lol

All the best,
    IP

Lightbulb Re: CorelDraw x3 Color

Ok, here goes an example of what i wanna do. I have these two Images that i will add together to create a logo, but i want them to look true color, and the CE not to look so cartoonish. What do i need to do please someone help, these is for my new company name that i am opening soon.

Thank you very much for your helps and patience
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NCgoodMap.gif 
Views:	333 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	23999  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

It would be easier to make suggestions if you showed a sample of what you like, I could help you with technique then.

Perhaps you could try other fonts as well.

What colors are you going after? Is it for print or for web?

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Red face Re: CorelDraw x3 Color

Hey Sally, thanks once again for your reply, here is a sample of what i would like my logo color to look like:

i would like to make my logo kinda of 3d look and real colors look like this.

If is a way of doing it and you can help me i really really would be so greatfull.

Thanks again Sally
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

You could make a topographical map where various altitudes appear different colors. You could put a bevel on your type if th font were bolder, you would have more real estate to work with.

You could use the iguana as a source for cloning the topographical map. But I'd get a map to be sure I was putting the colors in the right spot and then go from there.

The contour tool can be useful in drawing some aspects of topographical maps.

DRAW with PhotoPaint is capable of doing lots of kinds of extruded text, text with effects, but if the text isn't wide enough, you really aren't going to gain much, it's like painting a symphony on the head of a pin, otherwise.

Nice to think about, not very practical. Or in another sense, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's always great to come up with thumbnails of various designs you might try. The first design isn't always the best. I mean sketch with a pencil. Then take a break or even the next day, see what impacts the eye best at varying distances. Not everyone will see a logo the same way, not all wear glasses. And depending upon what size it is going to be reproduced, should influence your design. If is isn't going to be big enough to see, then your work is pointless.

Find designs you like at a similar dpi and size and figure out why they work.

If the design is too complicated, keep it simple until your skill builds enough to execute it or you will end up being totally frustrated. All things have limits. With the Chamelion, part of what you like may be the fact that it is coming through the page in which case the filter by A.V Bros. that comes with Xara may be good to look into. AlienSkin EyeCandy also has their version of it. Of course, Xara specific filters won't work in DRAW however there are regular versions that will work in DRAW and PhotoPaint but they only work on rastered images.

Again, if the size it is going to be reproduced either in print or on the screen, isn't big enough to make it be worthwhile to do, think if you should modify your idea. I used to use a reducing glass to help me see what would happen to line weights as the camera reduced the artwork. I rarely have to draw with templates and rapidographs any longer but the same principal holds true. When you reduce a piece of art work, it doesn't automatically increase the dpi when printed, there are limits to clarity. As designs go, the smaller it is the more murky and dark. This goes also for on screen.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Smile Re: CorelDraw x3 Color

Thank you Sally, i will try with what you said, hopefully i can manage doing it.
    You are very helpfull thanks alot again and all the best
    IP

hey Sally, thank you for your help. Now i see why you say that if i had a bigger logo would be better.

Take care ,

LuisMartins
    IP