Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cd X3's Bugs

Default Cd X3's Bugs

I've installed CDX3, I used to be using CD 8 (the best coreldraw, I think)
    Some progress' in CDX3 really impressed me but some bugs really a big trouble
    So here is the bugs list
    1. the "printable area line" at bottom and right is disappear when enter to "print preview" mode.
    2. When I find objects with specific properties (such as color, shape, etc) using EDIT>FIND and REPLACE>FIND, The group and combine button sometimes replace by standard property bar.
    3. The printing process (spooling) are much more slower that CD 8. I test it using the same file which I've already convert it into each version. The result CD 8 still win ahead. (the print area was A0 size)
    4. when I trying to open a file, sometimes, there is a pop up tiny menu around the open tab menu really distrub me.
    5. The object's rotation angle in property bar value really bother me, can I make it just like CD 8 that the rotation angle in property bar always 0?
    6. why there is a loading time when I want to create a new file after the first time CD X3 startup?
    7. When I trying to repeat an complex object position using ctrl+d, it's slower that CD 8. I've already using normal view.
    8. I have to assign "zoom 1:1" button manually, please provide it automatically. It's really make me uncomfortable.
    9. the preview for complex object really slow, although I've used the normal view.
    10. Why PhotoPaint X3's halftone in round shape still not as round as adobe photoshop? Or maybe the "real round" halftone already patent by them.
    11. after using zoom tool, when select the pick tool, the cursor still in zoom tool

I admit it some improvement really amazing.
    But now I still confuse which is better, my CD8 or CDX3.

BTW, my comp spec are
    P4 2.4 Mhz Prescott, 512 Mb DDR, VGA RIVA TNT 16 Mb, HDD 40Gb and 40Gb.
    IP

Default Re: Cd X3's Bugs

More here too..... http://www.unleash.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1458

A simple fix, surely - but no...
    IP

DRAW 8 is a great program, however, if you have to send work to a digital image processor, they make is state-of-the-art to the latest and greatest software out there.

DRAW does just about anything and everything. And there are some drawbacks but I have to tell you that as far as buggy, at least you can accomplish something with it in the meanwhile.

All I have to do to appreciate DRAW is to have to work in PageMaker, Illustrator and InDesign for an hour or two, oh and for a real topper on the shall-we-be-sick, parade, QuarkXpress.

I bet DRAW would work much better without the added glitz that is Windows XP, made completely dumbed-down for John Q. Public.

If it weren't for that, those of us who actually have to dream up the ways to accomplish a project, would be able to cross the room without circumscribing the globe in order to do it.

Every now and then, it is good to throw the system in the toilet and begin fresh.

Does DRAW run on Linux?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

the other bug's

There is always bugs in CD X3

when you unlock seperate objects which not grouped or combined, if you choose them there is no lock status around them.
    So, you have to unlock all objects and lock them again
    very bad.
    Slowing my working time.

My wife which is my partner too, already move back again to CD 8.
    IP

I've gone back to v12.

Hope Corel are reading.
    IP

More bug

I've created more than one page worksheet.
    If I delete the first page when my current page is the last page, the error will show up and all pages disappered but I can still undo it

Long life CD8, my wife said.

I'll turn on my "time machine" this sunday to go back to CD8. Temporaly.
    IP