Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default duplicate in coreldraw 12

how can I specify the distance for duplicating objects using short cut ctrl D
    IP

Default Re: duplicate in coreldraw 12

You create your first object, then you can hold the Ctrl and drag and right click, this makes a copy, still holding the Ctrl key, hit "D" as many times as you need.
    This method of duplicating will duplicate along a line from the center the the center of whatever you duplicated. If it must align to the horizontal, vertical or an angle, I recommend using guides to line up the first copies center to the original, all the subsequent copies will fall on that center guideline.

You can also use this method to duplicate in a circle. If you create an object, making sure numb lock is turned on, hit the "+" on your keypad, this makes a duplicate exactly on top of your object. Then you can double click the new object to get your rotation handles and drag the center rotation axis out to a new point away from your objects. On the property bar you can use say a 30 degree rotation. Now hitting "Ctrl + D" will make duplicates of the original with the offset provided by the rotation instead.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Or use the Transformation docker if you want numeric control on the duplicates' position.
    IP

If you have a lot of the same things to duplicate all over your drawing such as an item in a border, say it was a screw with threads, having that many multiple copies of a complex object can slow things down a bit. You could add your object to the Symbols Gallery, then the computer would see one screw with so many instances of it. It prints just the same, it is just a smarter way to use the memory you have available. No problem if it is a one page document, but it does matter if your document has 40 pages.

One of the best uses of duplication in a tricky manner is the tutorial on making a saw blade and a chain in the free tutorials with Click 'n Learn. It gives you a whole new way to look at the possiblities of cool things you can do with duplication around curves and irregular curves using the blend tool, it explains all those extra buttons with the blend tool you may have had no idea what they were for. I know I was puzzled by them. Good to do the tut again anyway as I get rusty at some of this when I haven't tackled something like this in a while. After all, how often will I be drawing a saw blade?

This lesson is found here:
    http://www.clicknlearn.com/FreeDloads.htm

Well, I always do my own thing, but you can do some interesting things.

The name of the lesson is:http://ftp.cintinel.com/CNLDemos/Blends-Hi.ccp

Please note that for some reason, I haven't been able to use the player except in Internet Explorer. But there is a free download on the site for the CCP player.

All of his tutorials are really excellent. Haven't bought any of his tuts but I will in time when money isn't so tight. And he has a really cool Aussie accent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sawblades.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	23921  
    Last edited by sallybode; 04 March 2006 at 10:37 PM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP